Thursday, July 20, 2006

Simple Pork Curry!



Ban or whatever, we won't stop blogging would we? I can still access the Dashboard, though I can't access blogs... So, I thought I will blog... damn those bureaucrats, who don't even know what a blog is. While you figure out what a blog really is, and if it can a medium of communication for the terrorist, as if....

Anyway we will enjoy some pork...
For for vegetarian visitors, scroll down for some kabuli Chana!!!!

Anyway, Pork curry is the king of all Bachelor foods.
Tastier than any meat around, goes well with any drinks ( even fanta believe me!)
And the recipe, can it get any simpler?? I doubt if you could cook a simpler dish, umm maybe boiling eggs would be slightly simpler, and cooking maggie noodles.

Daal tadka
is more complex than Pork curry!!

It takes a long time though..

So how do I cook this simple pork curry?
Before you go on, promise yourself that you will try this out and come back to tell me how it turned out! If you do cook and eat pork...

Deal??

One kilo Pork, Choose meat with some skin with the fat underneath for cooking fat.

1) In a pot or a pressure cooker put the pork, and about 3 cups of water. Start boiling the water and pork.

2) When you have put the pork for boil, chop two onions roughly, and throw in.

3) Crush 15-16 cloves or one bulb of garlic and about 2 inch finger of ginger, and also throw that into pot.

4) Now add 1 tsp coriander powder, 1 tsp cumin powder ( use freshly ground cumin powder for best results**), half tsp red chilli powder, half tsp turmeric, 1 tsp meat masala and salt to taste.

5) Keep boiling and let shimmer. Add three tomatoes, roughly chopped. Now till the water dries and gravy becomes consistent and thick as in the picture..

Garnish with Coriander. The food is ready.. Could it have been simpler. I will cook another version and post soon...



This is also my entry to Meena's FMR being hosted by Revathi here, FMR-7.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tina Jennifer D'Silva said...

Wow Anthony... pork curry looks good...

7/21/2006 03:53:00 AM  
Blogger Revathi said...

Anthony I just did not know what to say after reading your pork curry recipe. Beleive me or not !! Yesterday I was thinking about my moms' mutton fry for the From My Rasoi 7 event and since its soooo easy I thought I would include a note to you in the post mentioning that even Antony would say its a darn easy recipe....
And today I came to your blog and here is the same recipe with pork !!!!
Whew Great people think alike ;)

See u in the FMR 7

7/21/2006 06:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A touch of green!!
Anthony, the curry looks yummy. A simple addition for vegetable lovers: When the curry is simmering, around 3 minutes before you garnish with coriander and take it off the flame add around 3-4 spring onions cut in half (with bulb and all, just remove the whiskers at the end of bulb) and around 4-5 whole leaves of green mustard(Sarso--don't chop it). The vegetables greatly compliments the meat.

7/21/2006 08:05:00 AM  
Blogger Tanuja said...

Hi Tony,

Ur pork recipe sounds great will have to give a try this weekend and will let u know very soon.

here is my entry for this weeks curry mela.

http://kodaliskitchen.blogspot.com/2006/07/kodigudu-mullakaaya-pulusuegg-with.html

thank u

7/21/2006 10:02:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey,
I am a really bad cook but when i tried ur recipe the pork turned out to be delicious, all my friend were shocked and loved it.. moreover they want me to cook the same recipe again.. thanks a lot dude..

7/08/2010 08:59:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wats all this out being banned !! anyway will try it.. sounds simple and tasty ... cheers

11/29/2011 09:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tried this and its so good. hubby loved it too!

3/01/2014 04:11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home