Monday, March 20, 2006

Chicken stew- oil free




OK OK, I saved this post in the draft for a rainy day.
Actually, I guess it in January, I had cooking fever. And I cooked a different dish, even two everyday for the Bachelor cooking. Somehow I couldn’t get to post all, so I saved some in the draft, and some, I had in a folder; the pictures, that is. Picture not yet edited for the Blog you see… I spent most of the Sunday editing pictures, and saving the pictures in draft. I also did a face lift of the template. So to say, I spent the Sunday working lol.

Umm, but I hadn’t written the posts.
As a blogger I also need to write some. Try hard to be funny too sometimes, though I know I am not; otherwise you won’t want to read me would you? And I am not the best photographer around, and seeing some food photography around the food blogs makes me want to quite at times lol. Like the ones at The delicious life.

Oh! That was a little bit of blogging… lol

Now, the recipe. So, as I was saying this was cooked long before the Avian Flu or bird flu. Anyway it is safe to eat Cooked bird since the virus die at 70 degrees, and I don’t eat chicken cooked at temperature below 70 degrees centigrade lol.
It is a different matter altogether that I had Mutton/Lamb korma Pizza yesterday, the first time ever in my life to have Lamb Pizza. Unfortunately, pepperoni wasn’t served, due to import restrictions, the server informed.
And Vegetarian pizza is something I am not quite used to, same as I am not used to Tofu based Kadhai Paneer.

But I love chicken stew, cooked in its own fat.
Yes, no oil whatsoever. Nada.
Heath freaks must love this.
How does one cook chicken without oil and make it taste like Chicken Tikka Masala. But then, you trust the Maharajah of Bachelor Cooking don’t you?

Trust me when I say it will taste as good as any Oil heavy concoction of Chicken meat. Bigger the chicken, more oily it will be and thus easier too cook. But I prefer medium sized chicken.

Ingredients:
1. Half a Kilo of Chicken cut into 1 inch cubes.
2. One large Onion, roughly chopped.
3. 2 Large Tomatoes, roughly chopped.
4. 1 Tbs of ginger garlic paste ( Preferably freshly ground from 1 inch og ginger and 6-7 cloves of garlic)
5. 1 Tsp Black Pepper ground
6. 1 Tsp of red Chilli powder
7. 1 Tsp of Chicken Masala ( The supermarket variety- Everest, MDH etc)
8. One large Potato cut into 1 inch cubes and half cup of green peas.

Steps:

1. Put the chicken in a pot or pan with 1 and half cup of Water, Put the Onions, Ginger-garlic paste and put to a boil till water almost dries.
2. When the water dries, stir the mixture well, just as you might sauté meat on a pan, on low heat. The whole thing will look like you are frying in oil after some time. Add salt to taste.
3. After sautéing in low heat for 5-10 minutes, add the pepper, tomatoes, green peas and potatoes and keep on stirring. Add the 1 TSP of chicken Masala.
4. Add two cups of water and cook in low heat till potatoes are cooked and stew is thick.
5. Garnish with Coriander.


Tags :: : : : : :

10 Comments:

Blogger Journal Actif said...

This is great! I need fat free tasty recipes. You don't find them very often. :-))

3/20/2006 08:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I liked this oil free recipe very much as i am on a diet..Expecting more recipes like this from u...

3/21/2006 12:30:00 AM  
Blogger Vineela said...

Hi Anthony,
I started recently blogging.
Have a look of my site.
i added u in my blog list.i like the way of ur collection and presenting the recipes.
Have a look of my site.
http://vineelascooking.blogspot.com
vineela

3/21/2006 05:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ Zoubida and Annita : I eat a lot of oil free dishes too.. will post them..

@ Vineela: I visit ur blog often vineela. And hey thanks, for th nice words

3/21/2006 09:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just saw the drop down lists i mean the Bachelor's Menu....cooool

3/21/2006 05:40:00 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

How interesting, Tony! Looking forward for your other oil free dishes too!

3/21/2006 07:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@` Mehak: Thanks.. I wanted to give that wow effect lol

@ Kay: WIll do so, have none on my err.. draft, but I will post them. Do you take smoked fish?

3/21/2006 10:07:00 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

Tony, You mean, grilled fish? Then yes!

Smoked chicken and other smoked meat are just uncooked chicken, here in US!

3/21/2006 11:38:00 PM  
Blogger Kitchenmate said...

Tony: good recipe and looking forward to your oil free series:)

3/22/2006 02:26:00 AM  
Blogger priya dharshini said...

sir, i tried this recipe .tell u it was really good.
i just avided potatoes and peas and instead added my own masalas.
it came out really good.
thanks for this receipe also waiting for more such recipes.kindly comment the callories also.

3/01/2011 04:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home