As I am posting this, the smell from the chicken curry being cooked is killing me.
Ouch!!! What was that? Somebody threw an egg it seems, awww.. That was a flying Spoon.
OK, OK, I am sorry.
I made you people wait!!!
Posting a meme instead of some delicious dish, no?
But I sure have been cooking, and after this gourd curry(Loki), i will post the chicken curry.. of course after thorough review by the Bachelor cook Himself. But the smell is very very promising as I smell it. Another 5 minutes and it will be cooked, and by the time the post..
What am I posting today?
This was cooked a few days back after a hard days work, so after food I didn't have the energy to write and post.. But the picture is fresh, I just uploaded it from my digicam..
This is called Water Gourd I believe, a rather bland vegetable. Best had by simply boiling with a little sugar. Good for health and recuperating patients as well. But, surprisingly this bland dish can be made into an excellent dish.. The one I cooked is the blandest.... More will follow..
Did you know that fried pea nuts taste execellent when cooked with Gourd? Yes, peanuts fried and then put in this curry. Unfortunately, I couldn't find peanuts in my kitchen though I felt I HAD BOUGHT IT. **Sigh** So I am making this bland looking curry, which turned out EXCELLENT.
- Half a 1 feet long gourd, cut into half inch cubes.
- One large potato cut the same way
- One tomato chopped well.
- Some curry patta( curry leaves, refer to mahanandi)
- A very small onion roughly chopped.
- A little ginger and garlic crushed.( small finger of ginger and 3 cloves garlic)
- Half tsp each Turmeric, red chilli powder, whole jeera and mustard seed.
- 2 green chillis sliced in half.
- 1 cup of peanuts (ground nut) deep fried in very low heat for 5 minutes and kept separate. ( I haven't used it sisnce i didn't have it but use it, its excellent)
Heat 2 TBS oil and when hot, add jeera and mustard seed. let crackle.
Add curry leaves, and green chillis and fry for 1 minute and add the onion.
Fry onions will transparents and add the ginger garlic ensemble.
Add the turmeric and chilli and then add the gourd, potatoes and tomato and mix well.
Cover and cook in low heat for 10 minutes, ocassionally stirring them.
Open lid and increase heat, add 1 and half cups of water.
Let boil, add salt to taste. Cook for 5 minutes and add fried peanuts when potatoes are cooked( soft enough).
Add Coriander and serve with rice.
Enjoy when i enjoy my chicken curry......
Update: Cooking Kheer or rice pudding. looking great.
Come back for the weekend Culinary Links at Anthonys Kitchen.. the Culi-linkus ...