Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Kheema mattar



This is an amazing dish of Kheema and mattar or peas.
And with the bird flu thing, red meat was the dish of choice at the Bachelor Cooking..

I have much to write but I am already in the office. So I will write up nicely in the evening
Please bear with me, Recipe will be up by the evening.

OK: Here I am... Back home..

So that was Kheema that I cooked..
Kheema or Minched Meat tastes real good cooked dry or gravy with the meat as the base of the gravy... I will post a gravy version soon.

I cooked half a Kilo of minch meat.
I asked the butcher to first wash the meat before making the kheema or Minch, so that I don't have to wash the minched meat. Don't wash the minch meat...

In the minch meat I added:
1/2 tsp each Jeera powder, Dhania powder, red chilli powder, 1 tsp Meat Masala
I Tbs Ginger garlic paste, salt to taste and kept aside for 1 hour.



Then, I heat oil and add 1 tbs Jeera, 2-3 cloves and 2 bayleaves,
Then i added one large onion chopped fine and fry till transparent.

Now I added the meat, and cook covered.
Now open from time to time and mix well so that it don't stick or buttom don't get burnt,
and then cook for 10 minutes.

Now add 1/2 a cup of peas and cook further.
When oil and meat starts to separate add 3 finely chopped tomatoes.
Cook for 10 minutes in low heat and garnish with coriander.




Tags :: ++

5 Comments:

Blogger Mika said...

Is this Bilbo's recipe?

I tried her recipe. It was very good even though I was not sure when I started to make it. I thought the smell of protein granules will overpower but it did not.

2/28/2006 11:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have't seen that post. this was sumthing I just cooked up, and its not soya... but mutton minch meat

2/28/2006 11:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now that you have said it i will try it.... Yep....

3/02/2006 07:10:00 AM  
Blogger Kitchenmate said...

Tony: how about using chicken minced, instead of red meat? any idea???
i bet your answer is going to be "wait till the bird flu thing off the bush" :)
-Karthi

3/02/2006 09:28:00 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

@ Karthi: How did you know?? LOL, you can read my mind gosh!!!

But yeah you can use Chicken Minch foir the same.. don't use the meat masala then.. jeera and dhania powder does just fine with non-red meat... But I won't be eating chicken till the bird flu thing is off the bush..

run run the sky is falling lol

3/02/2006 09:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home