Thursday, June 29, 2006

Sauteed Spinach-Palak


Just learnt that Spinach, besides pumping up the muscle and adrenaline of Popye, also helps in the digestion of normal human beings. Good for us, no?

I love spinach, though not the crushed one that we find in palak paneer or Sarsong da saag. I prefer it chopped and cooked. Another palak/spinach dish I prefer is simply boiling it with Tomatoes and potaoes and seasoned with Ginger and green Chilli.

My latest crush is nothing of such sorts. I have been in love with the sautéed variety for some weeks now. As a side dish, give you the necessary roughage and damn healthy, but then all leafy greens are healthy.
Simple as simple can be, the perfect side dish for a bachelor.

It would make a fine side dish with steak, or other meaty dishes. You can have with with rice also, why not?

You need:

2 bunch of Spinach (Spinach has a very nasty habit of shrinking after cooking leaving you with water and a few stem lol), PROPERLY washed and Chopped roughly, hold the bunch and cut into 4 portions
small piece of ginger and 3 cloves of garlic, chopped fine.
Half tsp of Cumin seed (jeera).
2 Green Chilli cliced in half.

Heat half a TBS vegetable oil or Ghee or Butter in a Pan or Wok.
Add the jeera and let sputter.
Add Ginger, garlic and chilli, and saute for 1-2 minutes.
Add the Spinach, and sautee for 5 minutes or till the water that comes out almost dries ( not all).
Salt to taste.

Relish the healthiest food on earth….
Be strong as Popeye....

Dear Friends I will return all the Tags..just gimme sometime... :-)

3 Comments:

Blogger Meeta K. Wolff said...

Looks gorgeous Tony! I am drooling!

Tony I was wondering if you would like to answer a few questions I have put up on my blog. Being one of the very few men around us women I am sure we would love your perspective!

6/30/2006 03:35:00 PM  
Blogger Sumitha said...

Love the green colour of spinach Tony,you have cooked it perfectly for it to still retain that colour!

6/30/2006 07:50:00 PM  
Blogger Nila said...

I love spinach, this is a new version. Simple and delicious. :)

6/30/2006 11:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home