Monday, February 13, 2006

Chicken Masala Dry

I am back...


Another simple dish from the Stable of the Anthony's Bachelor cooking.
Quite tasty, you will only cook this dish everytime you wanna cook chicken.
This was a hit when in college, I used to cook this whenever I had friends comming over to my flat.

And chicken cannot be cooked any simpler than this.
Quite healthy too, in that I used minimal masala and Oil.

Fresh Chicken 1 kilo, didn't marinate. ( you may marinate with 1 tsp (not heaped) each Red mirchi powder, Jeera and dhania powder, salt to taste, and half tsp haldi. This is all the masala you will use in the preparation)
Onions 2 fine chopped fine.


Heat oil in a kadhai, 2 tbs veg oil.
When oil is hot, add one bayleaf and pre wetted 1 tsp of meethi and jeera.

Add half the onions and fry till golden brown.
Add 1 crushed ginger garlic ( one inch finger ginger and 10 cloves garlic).

Add remaining onions, and add the chicken.
Saute for a few minutes and add one potato cut into cubes, and two tomatoes chopped.
Cover the Kadhai and cook in medium heat just remembering to one and stir from time to time.

If you didn't marinate,( like me) add the masala now( same amount as I said) and cover.
When water from the meat start to dry, open and saute well.

20 minutes after you have put the fresh chicken into the kadhai, the chicken should be cooked delicious. or when the potatoes are soft that it breaks away when you stir the chicken. See if you can get the texture as above.....

Serve...

BTW, I see that a lot of people come to my blog looking for Veg Kolhapuri, I guess I will have to cook Veg Kolhapuri soon. But My first love remains Chicken Kolhapuri...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
What does pre "wetted 1 tsp of meethi and jeera" mean?Is it the leaves of meethi grinded with jeera or just meethi (methi?) seeds and jeera ground togehter?Thanks
Sushma

2/13/2006 01:25:00 AM  
Blogger Marc said...

Hello,
I'd like to invite you to participate in the You Are What You Eat meme. My contribution, in which I requested you to post, is here.

2/13/2006 03:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ sushma: I used pre-wetted because people who frequent here know about lol. It is just methi seed ( not leaves) and jeerra seed(not powder). both wetted with some water( soaked would be a better word) for a few minutes.. like washing them..

@ Marc: WIll do the needful sir..

2/13/2006 09:43:00 AM  
Blogger aparna said...

that really looks delicious :)

2/13/2006 04:47:00 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

@ aparna, it indeed was aparna... ;-)

2/13/2006 10:46:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mine is tasty, but didn't come out as brown and as dry as yours...where did i go wrong?

7/22/2008 07:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Sai said...

Hey Anthony, Thats a nice post dude.. Just tried that recipe in my apartment and almost got it right and the taste was awesome.. I will follow ur blog frm now on.. Thanks.. :)

11/14/2009 03:02:00 AM  
Anonymous Hrishikesh said...

Hey Antony,

Thanks for the recipe. I tried it and it turns out to be good. All these years I ave been eating outside, just because I never thought that I can cook. After this recipe, I am confident that I too can cook.
Thanks again for your blog.

9/18/2011 02:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home