Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Daal-chicken!



Just amazing.. The outcome and the taste.
Actually, I eat alone and I couldn't eat all the dry chicken masala, so I kept a few nice pieces. Throwing away food is not prudent, with so many poor and hungry, I don't like eating the same dish again. So what I did, I cooked a modified Daal of of the same.

And it was amazing, the chicken version of Murighonto.

I heat 1 tbs oil, added a bayleaf and 2 red Chilli and then put some jeera and let sputter.
Added one onion finely chopped and fried till golden brown.
I added a TSP of ginger-garlic paste, and saute for sometime
and then added 2 choppes tomatoes.
half Tsp each of chilli powder, Jeera and dhania. Slightly lesser amount of turmeric.
And I added half a cup of properly washed tur daal. Add water accordingly.
I added the chicken.

I let out 3 whistles from the cooker, turned off the heat and let it cool by itself.
Open the lid of the cooker and the let boil for sometime till daal is cooked.
I added salt to taste, and it was YUMILICIOUS

7 Comments:

Blogger reshma said...

innovative:)

2/14/2006 08:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you reshma.. this is one of my favorite daal dishes though.. avery tasty bachelor food...

2/14/2006 09:29:00 PM  
Blogger Sury said...

I have heard of dal and mutton cooked together, but this is quite novel. Good show!

2/15/2006 12:26:00 AM  
Blogger Shilpa said...

thats a great recipe. I will try it soon. Thanks,Shilpa

2/15/2006 08:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ Sury: LOL, i have been having this for a long time.

Shilpa: Taste amazing, so I always cook a little more chiocken thanb required so that i can cook this the next day, or even khichdi with this chicken taste great.

2/15/2006 09:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Ms. T said...

Looks yummy... Will try it some time soon... It's really nice to see that a guy can be so fond of cooking... :-)

6/02/2010 01:00:00 PM  
Blogger Aseem Saxena said...

How much chicken did you add Tony?

R,

A

12/30/2012 04:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home