Thursday, December 08, 2005

Egg Curry- again




I have often been asked to post pictures as well. So today I remembered to take the pictures before I cooked myself a very delicious, filling and simple egg curry. the recipe was posted earlier here as eggy treat.

Very simply cooked. the ingredients are all you see but for Salt, turmeric, Jeera and dhania powder and red chilli powder. Green chilli sliced into halves could also be added when frying the onions. Heat oil in a pan, cut the eggs in halves and fry both side till you get a colour like you see n the picture and keep aside. into the oil add half tsp whole jeera and let it crackle, add onions and Fry the onions till golden brown, add the garlic paste, fry for 30 seconds and add half tsp each of dhania powder, jeera powder, 1/4 tsp of chilli powder and 1/4 tsp of turmeric. Add the potatoes and tomato and green peas( all pre-poiled). the potatoes could be mashed roughly before adding or it can be mashed in the pan only using a spatula. Add water and cook for 10 minutes. Now add the eggs and cook for 5 minutes more. garnish with Coriander. I had run out of coriander leaves...


Excuse the aesthetics, it is afterall a bachelor's recipe and after a hard days' work, I couldn't care much about Aesthetics. Believe me it was Yummy. And I have tried to make it as bachelor as possible LOL.

My other Blog : A Journey called Life
Comments make bloggers going.. Do leave a comment..
,,,,,

4 Comments:

Blogger Sury said...

Love eggs, and the curry looks just yum. I am one who goes more for taste than looks when it comes to food and the one here looks just waiting to be eaten :P

12/09/2005 08:48:00 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

It sure was yummy pal.. i miss the coriander though.. I like the flavor that coriander gives

12/09/2005 09:23:00 AM  
Blogger Tina Jennifer D'Silva said...

hmmm... my mouths watering looking at this pic... I will try this out...

12/09/2005 08:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tony, Priya here..the egg curry is a resounding success! However, I added some sugar too, just like the way bengalis do. and ya, i got the coriander leaves from the market to make sure i make what u had envisaged! thumbs up to this recipe...

2/13/2007 03:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home