Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The Aftermath of the Pain

This was what I had for lunch day 2. dayone, I only ate icecreams, about half a Kilo. This is my Khichdi for the sick ver 1.0


This was what I had for dinner day 2. The morning ver 1.0 was not too liquid and wasn't so easy on the area where my tooth had been. So I added more water, and more ghee so it just slips into my throat lol. This was Khichdi Ver 2.0

Day 3, I got more adventurous, so I added a lot of stuff and it tasted amazing. I had the same thing, cooked the same way for dinner. Forgot to take pictures, though I added cauliflowers in that. This was Khichdi ver 3.0

I tarkad all three versions in Desi Ghee, and this was no sick food. I could have it even when I am hale and hearty. I am gonna cook this often... Serendipity is also a mother of good recipes..

The cooking was quite simple. And the taste was amazing.. all those who have no pain too, do try this out for a change.. The taste quite surprised me... Specially Khichdi ver 3.0....

For the the recipes, the main ingrediant was the same.

3 parts Toor Daal and 1 part Basmati rice ( Tukda/broken).

Two Tomatoes, one potato.

For the version 3.o, I added carrots and then garnished with Corianders.

I washed and added the daal, rice, tomatoes, potatoes and carrots(for the third one) and half an onion(chopped, the other half for tadka) in a cooker, added water to make it thin ( Amount water should be based on your comfort level). I let it cook for about 5 whistles so that everything is real soft.... I let it cool

For the tadka, I used Desi Ghee. I was liberal in the use of ghee.
WHen Ghee is hot in a Kadhai, I added the remaining onions (choppd fine) and fried till golden brown. I added 1 tsp of ginger-garlic and saute for about 30 seconds and then poured the contents of the pressure cooker into the kadhai....

I cooled it, coz I couldn't have hot stuff, and I just enjoyed it...

5 Comments:

Blogger Vineela said...

Hi Anthony,
I held up with some another work so i couldnt send u my entry.
U proved that u r very efficient in doing all these events and Anthonys dal version even if ur in pain.Get well and have "Apple basundi".
vineela

4/11/2006 10:19:00 PM  
Blogger Lakshmi said...

Get well soon. Ilove these khichadi's.

4/12/2006 07:00:00 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

Thnks Vineela... And not a problems at all...

Lakshmi: Oh thnk you twice lol..

4/12/2006 07:14:00 PM  
Blogger Vaishali said...

Hi Anthony,
Here's my entry for this week's Curry Mela.

http://happyburp.blogspot.com/2006/04/red-pumpkin-raita-for-some-laal.html

Get well soon!

4/13/2006 12:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anthony,

Glad you're feeling better and I did post a return link after you reminded me --

take care!

Linda

4/14/2006 10:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home