Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Beet ka halwa







I like Beet with Potatoes, and in salads, but I never knew that Beet halwa would taste so good. It was as tasty if not better than my gajjar ka halwa. And the food value of Beet is well known. This is the healthiest dessert I ever tasted and very very yummy too.

Do try it out. It will be well worth the effort.....but my pot is all red ....

Steps:


Peel and then grate 3 medium sized beets well.
Heat 1 TBS desi ghee or butter in a pan.
Put one bayleaf and then add the grated beet.
saute and then cover and cook in low heat for 1o minutes.
Mix from time to time so that beet don't stick to pan.

Increase heat and then add half a litre of milk and sugar measured to your taste. Add some crushed cardamom ( you may use powdered.
Add semi crushed cashewnuts.

Cook till milk evaporates and mixture becomes dry like in the picture.
EAT

PS: this recipe was inspired by Mika's dish

I am not getting any comments on this :-(

Update: I have started working on this weekend's Curry Mela....

6 Comments:

Blogger Photography said...

WOW. great blog. i love reading your blog.

2/16/2006 03:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Jeff. You are welcome everyday lol

2/16/2006 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger Aspiring Annapoorna said...

HI Anthony,

I always find interesting food on your blog. You left me a comment to RSVP long ago...been checking out your blog, but never left you a comment...so, here's to more good food!!

2/17/2006 06:37:00 AM  
Blogger Deepa Kuber said...

wow, this looks great. yum!

3/22/2008 05:36:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anthony, I love anything with beets and so find your post very interesting. Have tried salads and pulavs, and a burfi as well, but your halwa looks a really interesting innovation. cheers.

1/29/2009 09:33:00 PM  
Blogger kornika said...

A great twist on carrot halwa. The color is just awesome too

10/19/2011 09:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home