Sunday, January 08, 2006

Bachelor's (un)Grilled Mutton chops

A very light marinate.. A little each of Turmeric, Chilli powder and Cumin powder...

I have posted this recipe earlier, without the picture.
I actually forgot to take picture the last time I cooked.
But I felt it was unfair not to post the picture, so I cooked it again the day before.

Chops are best cooked on a grill, but how would one expect a bachelor to have a grill. I never bothered to buy an Oven, I don't cook anything else in an oven and I don't bake cakes. And I try to keep this blog as virgin as possible, so I keep telling every girl I go out with ;-)

Now grilled mutton chops or pork ribs can be cooked the same way on a non-stick pan, the way you cook a pot roast.. I love pot roast and ah!! I remember that women who first cooked me pot roast..

Well I have cooked this mutton/lamb chops on a frying pan.

To keep it simple and more bachelor like, I even marinated the lamb Chops( Ribs)
on the same pan.

For marination of 300 grams Chops:

1 tsp of meat masala- not garam masala ( available in leading Indian Stores or websites)
1 tsp jeera powder.
1 tsp dhania powder.
1 tsp red chilli powder.
half Tsp turmeric.
2 tbs vegetable oil.

Mix everything with the meat on the pan you are using to cook.

Leave aside for 1 to 2 hours.

When you are ready, just heat the pan with the meat in them.
Cook for a long time in very low heat. very low heat.
Keep pressing the meat with a spoon, and turn fron time to time.
cover with a lid when you are not presing it or turning it.
Cook that way for half an hour.

When the meat is done, which you will know by the colour,
Add a tbs of crushed Garlic and two tomatoes roughly chopped.
Cook for 5 minutes.
The garlic and tomatoes gives a certain bachelor flavour.

Garnish with coriander Serve.
Previous post on Chops here.

I had some leftover from this dish. I cooked them again with Potatoes and Green peas.
Will post them tomorrow. Got to rush for that new Konkona sen movie.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Delicious looking food you have here! Hope you enjoyed your movie.

Best,
Paz

1/08/2006 07:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

was the picture taken after eating the dish? i mean i see only bones :)

1/09/2006 11:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ Anon, unfortunately the best meats are the one that are stuck to the bones. Those are ribs..

1/10/2006 09:39:00 AM  
Blogger Tina Jennifer D'Silva said...

Wow Anthony... Yum Yum... I am definitely gonna try this out..

1/12/2006 02:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home