Sunday, January 08, 2006

Bachelor's (un)Grilled Mutton chops

A very light marinate.. A little each of Turmeric, Chilli powder and Cumin powder...

I have posted this recipe earlier, without the picture.
I actually forgot to take picture the last time I cooked.
But I felt it was unfair not to post the picture, so I cooked it again the day before.

Chops are best cooked on a grill, but how would one expect a bachelor to have a grill. I never bothered to buy an Oven, I don't cook anything else in an oven and I don't bake cakes. And I try to keep this blog as virgin as possible, so I keep telling every girl I go out with ;-)

Now grilled mutton chops or pork ribs can be cooked the same way on a non-stick pan, the way you cook a pot roast.. I love pot roast and ah!! I remember that women who first cooked me pot roast..

Well I have cooked this mutton/lamb chops on a frying pan.

To keep it simple and more bachelor like, I even marinated the lamb Chops( Ribs)
on the same pan.

For marination of 300 grams Chops:

1 tsp of meat masala- not garam masala ( available in leading Indian Stores or websites)
1 tsp jeera powder.
1 tsp dhania powder.
1 tsp red chilli powder.
half Tsp turmeric.
2 tbs vegetable oil.

Mix everything with the meat on the pan you are using to cook.

Leave aside for 1 to 2 hours.

When you are ready, just heat the pan with the meat in them.
Cook for a long time in very low heat. very low heat.
Keep pressing the meat with a spoon, and turn fron time to time.
cover with a lid when you are not presing it or turning it.
Cook that way for half an hour.

When the meat is done, which you will know by the colour,
Add a tbs of crushed Garlic and two tomatoes roughly chopped.
Cook for 5 minutes.
The garlic and tomatoes gives a certain bachelor flavour.

Garnish with coriander Serve.
Previous post on Chops here.

I had some leftover from this dish. I cooked them again with Potatoes and Green peas.
Will post them tomorrow. Got to rush for that new Konkona sen movie.


Blogger Paz said...

Delicious looking food you have here! Hope you enjoyed your movie.


1/08/2006 07:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

was the picture taken after eating the dish? i mean i see only bones :)

1/09/2006 11:19:00 PM  
Anonymous anthony said...

@ Anon, unfortunately the best meats are the one that are stuck to the bones. Those are ribs..

1/10/2006 09:39:00 AM  
Blogger Parna said...

wow! this looks absolutely mouthwatering. will try this one out Tony.

1/10/2006 12:32:00 PM  
Blogger Tina Jennifer D'Silva said...

Wow Anthony... Yum Yum... I am definitely gonna try this out..

1/12/2006 02:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home