Friday, July 14, 2006

The Original Bachelor Food - Maggi


The purpose of my blog, when I started it was to liberate bachelors from Maggi. But when I say liberate, it was not to liberate you totally, but to liberate you from having Maggi every other day for Breakfast, Lunch and dinner. Having occasionally, after a long day for dinner or having it for a quick breafast was not out of the liberation manifesto. For, how can one be a bachelor and not love maggi? We all, at least our generation, grew up on maggi, and attach some comfort feeling with a hot bowl of maggi.

Over the years, I have come to experiment with maggi, and have it a little twisted all the time, like cooking it with left over chicken curry :-), otherwise I like sauteed vegetables like peas and cauliflower with my maggi. Today I have a quick maggi for you, also as an entry for Nandita weekend Breakfast Blogging at saffron trail.

As I said I don't like my maggi straight.... I like it twisted..

Fry scrambled eggs and keep aside. ( in a pan, heat a tbs of oil and fry one chopped onion till limp, add salt to taste and break three eggs over it. Then scramble it)

Boil two cups of water. Add a cup of peas, chopped carrots and one finely chopped onion.
Add the maggi masala and continue to boil till peas are cooked.
Add the maggi noodles.. Sprinkle a little salt.. The maggi masala already has salt, but a little more won't harm ;-)

Now add the scrambled eggs and let shimmer for one minute.
Serve in a bowl have right from the pan, like I do lol....

7 Comments:

Blogger fursat said...

Buddy, it seems I will have to make a tour to desi store soon to get some maggis. This looks awesome recipe. I never experimented with my maggi and I will be a little skeptical before this recipe too coz maggi was almost a religion back in hostel days...he he.

On another note, I have another recipe for your Curry Mela ready, "Gaajar ka halwa" (not really curry but you accept desserts too na). So, if you arrange the mela feel free to post it. Thank You Buddy!!

7/15/2006 09:16:00 AM  
Blogger indianadoc said...

Many of us have had our toddler days in the kitchen begin with a maggi...tis indeed a nice nostalgia that you brought thro' u'r maggi post...yes I too dont like maggi as it is, but it is a wonderful base for trying out different experiments....often the results have been just thrilling...that was indeed a good experiment Antony.

7/16/2006 01:17:00 AM  
Blogger lulu said...

i too have never experimented with maggi but am now inspired after your post!

7/21/2006 02:06:00 AM  
Blogger Varsha said...

Wow you remind me of my hostel days...where we would keep experimenting with maggi to keep gastronomic boredom at a bay. We would add garam masala...chat masala...sometimes we would fry onions and tomatoes with garam masala in a separate pan and add to cooked maggi. And at times with onion and tomatoes we would fry a bit of raw maggi noodles too...kinda gave maggi a crispy feel.

7/21/2006 03:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi...true....maggi really becomes tasty when twisted a bit.....

but the recipe which u have told...m sorry to say...but i have tried it that way...

9/21/2006 06:46:00 PM  
Blogger Chef Jeena said...

You have Great blog from Jeena :)


visit jeena's kitchen healthy recipe blog

3/19/2007 03:41:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hey interesting blog....you should consider sharing this on the maggi fansite, www.meandmeri.in. I found some awesome recipes there..you could check it out.

8/21/2009 02:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home