Saturday, January 28, 2006

Culinlinkus-3: Weekend Culinary Links

CulinLinkus:
The Weekend Food carnival at Anthonys bachelor Cooking


Welcome to the third CulinLinkus, the weekend Carnival of Recipes from India and the world. This are Recipes that I took a fancy as I blog hopped over the week. I am planning to run this event every weekend, God and work willing. Pray that I don't have to work weekends lol. Because posting part of the blogging takes at most 15-20 minutes for me, but blog hopping is something that takes quite a time, and Broadband in india is not broad as one might think. Anyway, Welcome again, and enjoy blog hopping. I am trying hard to make banner for the event. Any help would be great. lol.. This is the third week that I am running the CulinLinkus, and I hope you like the links... If you come across a good recipe as you blog and you want it linked, do drop me a mail at anthonysmirror[at]gmail[dot[com] with the link. I will link it in the next weekends post.

Well well where do I start.... Being a Potato lover myself, let me indulge in a little prejudice. Well, Priya's Fried baby potatoes is some dish that I could eat everyday and will never get bored of. Wait for version soon. The bachelor Cook's version lol. And Sailu cooks some great Rajma here, and has also referred to another great Rajma recipe, Kashmiri Rajma byLulu, who recently moved into a fabulous house with a great Kitchen. I hope she tries out Indira's Cranberry Jam, like we all are going to do. lol. Oh! BTW, Nupur of onehotstove, who runs the a-z of food has T running this week, and her T for Thalipeeth looks very yummy, sad, that I am not much of a roti-type chef. You won't believe me that I still cannot make a round roti.. lol. Another Great chef, who makes amazing stuff( not the easy kind) is Ammani who has amazed me again with another classic Chaipani recipe. This time it is Banana Toastie, and my goodness! This weekend's Bloghopping is really humbling me, for here is yet another dish that I will really find difficult to try. Sury has made an amazing Peas, yes peas no less, Kachori. Now, sury! When do I get a treat? knowing the fact that I dig Peas, as much as I dig Potatoes lol. Now, for a change, from recipes, know about sweet potato at Monica's. And Gini, at the new blog tries Italian.....with great success .. Check out this Broccoli Rabe and Pasta Soup, I for one am definitely going to cook it soon enough. It warrant a post in itself.. Ashwini wrote on her post "Food blogging has given me a new insight into Indian cuisine, and an increased appreciation of it." How true! you have spoken for all of us. Well try out her Sorghum Fenugreek Bhakri. And need I say that Tina is turning up amazing recipes every other day. Now her honey grilled chicken made me drop my jaw just looking at it. And Parna, who took a small hiatus after shifting to a new Blog has come up with this amazing recipe of Lemon Chicken in Mustard sauce. Manisha of Indian food rocks has this amazing "simple, quick and nutritious" veg egg bake. And VKN has an amazing gajjar ka halva here, and he is inviting halva recipes which he Mydhaba will cook up subject to approval lol. I for one fall hook and sinker for shammi's Orange scented blueberry pancakes. And end the Desi blog hopping with this Amazing karala masala dish from Meena's which I assure you will leave bitter sweet memories....

And wait Check out this Aloo Gobhi, from the latest desi chef on the Blog...Ricky Da Dhaba..


Global:

As I decided It was time to move overseas, and look at some global recipes , I came across Niki's Pomegranate Salmon Kababs . And ah! how I love rum, and how I love cakes, the pray tell me how I could resist this Coconut Macaroons from tham jiak beats em all.

I really don't know if I have to put kay under desi or Global, her baked pasta was so damn enticing, I couldn't care. I really didn't know pasta could be baked.

Now, have a look at this salad.. Couldn't make out what it was when I saw it, but I am sure, it would taste great, so colorful and delicious looking. And if you are the baking kind, what better way to start the day of a weekend then a fresh loaf of home baked Bread, and if it were Flaxseed Bread urmmm..[thank yogurtland flor that] and now move over to Stephencook's and I am telling you...you don't even have try cooking his Seared Sea Scallops with Roasted Pears and Honey Butter, it looks damn so good, if only eyes could eat, I felt like eating up the computer screen.
And how about a fusion dish? wait! the mother of all fusion dishes... try out this HillBilly Fried rice. Now, I love steak, and I also love salad and when someone mixes the two, what esle could I say?I scream out to you Try this steak salad out.

Last week, I linked an excellent dish from zen foodism, and this lovely blog has another beautiful entry again, Choc Chip Cookies no less.

Sam who posted a lovely piece of gift for her Mom on her Birthday had an amazing recipe Truffled Cauliflower Cheese Flatbread here, not the gift.... And of course, she somewhat stunned her mom with some PPPS.. and of course this amazing Fougasse from my favorite Israeli blogger's mom's recipes... Lots of bread huh! I have to learn to bake as well... But I am not done with Baking!!!!

Check out this retro dessert chocolate peanut butter from the Happy sorceress. When I saw this Korean Chicken Stew at the delicious Life, all I could say was Oh My god! But then, I am in awe of her blog as well..lol..not to mention her mouth. After you have cooked the dishes you liked, from all the amazing links, may I suggest this dessert, Blackberry Almond Bundt Cake from eatstuff!

BTW, you had to start with a soup, or did you? If not, try this tortilla soup from the Sardine Praiser... Now where is my Tip?

Technorati tag::

14 Comments:

Blogger Shammi said...

Phew, Anthony - you've certainly been to some serious trouble in putting up this post :) I'm honoured to be included!

1/28/2006 02:46:00 PM  
Blogger Sury said...

Great job yet again! This is soon going to be a one-stop-weekend-blog-concert for us. I also hop blogs a lot and will keep in mind to pass some links to you for the future episodes.

Thanks for linking mine; truly honoured. As for the treat, whenever you are in Delhi, you are most welcome to hop over for some homemade Bengali food :)

1/28/2006 02:55:00 PM  
Blogger Ashwini said...

Wow! This is so unexpected. I'd like to thank my mother without whom I'd never have learnt to enjoy cooking like I do, and also....This is my acceptance speech for being included in Anthony's CulinLinkus (sounds like an extinct dinosaur's name)!!! Thanks for all the work you do on our behalf, and am honored to be included!

1/28/2006 11:58:00 PM  
Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

Very fun reading about all the blogs you've been visiting.

1/29/2006 08:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ Parna: My pleasure.

@ Shammi: Cumon Shammi, you are embarassing me. I am just making it easy bloghopping for my friends thats all.

@ Sury: thanks a lot and I will surely keep that in mind.The delhi part.

@ Ashwini: Extinct Dinosaur? lol, do suggest a better name. I am have been trying hard for a catchy name. This is not catchy enuff I know.. But extinct lol.
@ kalyn: My pleasure. DO visit India soon

1/29/2006 10:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow what a great round up! Ican't beleive I made it in twice :) you obviously havegood taste LOL!!

1/29/2006 03:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ Obviously ..lol..

1/29/2006 04:05:00 PM  
Blogger Priya said...

U have made my job easier , now i dont have to go to each blog and check out all the menu and decide which is good, i just have to go to ur blog and click culinlinkus and the job is done. And hey thanx for linking me in once again anthony.

1/29/2006 08:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ priya: I saw lots of recipes in ur blog that could be linked. lol

1/31/2006 10:46:00 AM  
Blogger ammani said...

Great effort, Antony! You make it so easy for us to pick and choose what we want to put on the menu. Thanks for the link.

1/31/2006 03:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey ammani, your other blog is cool

1/31/2006 08:15:00 PM  
Blogger GourmayMasala said...

Anthony -

I read your roundup almost every weekend and it has become a one stop blog hopping place for me. Do keep this up! Thanks!

1/31/2006 09:06:00 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

You r welcome GM

2/03/2006 12:11:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Anthony!! What a fantastic list!! I must try some of these dishes in the next week. Great effort! Esp for lazy souls like me!!

2/12/2006 02:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home