Friday, January 27, 2006

Gajjar Ka Halwa Ver.2.0 and a Meme

I tried my hand at gajjar ka halwa again. LOL. It was even better this time, better texture, better taste and I put only 1 and half TBS spoon, also I didn't add powdered cardamom, rather I just split open and put whole cardamoms. And I first let the milk boil till about half got evaporated and only a thick liquid remain, and also I fried the gajjar first in ghee, then add the milk, as suggested by VKN.

Home remedies for common cold:

Well, there was this tag by Zoubida, about home remedies for common cold. Thanks for the tag, for you have caught the right person. I don't take medicines, usually. And I hardly fall sick, touch wood. Whenever I feel that I might get sick, you know that feeling when you get slight pain in the neck, a little uneasy, I always go for a Jog and have Garlic. Lots of it. Garlic is an elixir, a cure-all. And there is no better remedy for cold than garlic.

Just eat raw garlic with your dinner. About 10 cloves. It will be smelly and your bed partner might complain but its a nice remedy for the cold. You can use a strong mouthwash after the meal though. Also I have found pepper to be quite effective, My Chicken Pepper recipe is also really good for the cold.

Back in Manipur, we also boil a very bitter leaf (like neem but not neem) called Nomangkha, and it really helps though it is a pain to swallow the drink. I will post the scientific name of the leaf after I find out about the same from some Botany Friends..

I am not very good in passing on tags but I will surely do it in my next update:
Well, May I tag Sam of Becksnposh, Melissa, Sury again, Indira, she sure would have a great recipe for cold and haverchuck-MZN.

3 Comments:

Blogger Marie said...

Great blog!

1/27/2006 04:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anthony, Nice post! that's a quick remedy for sure ,of course the odour is something that makes one have second thoughts ,especially after dinner..;)garlic does have a lot of medicinal properties..

1/28/2006 09:14:00 AM  
Blogger Sury said...

Thanks for the tag, Anthony. This one I plan to do soon.

1/28/2006 02:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home