Thursday, June 01, 2006

Dahi Chicken with Capsicum

Chicken-Masala-Dahi-Curd-Capsicum
After a long time, we have started to eat chicken. In fact it's been sometime since we have started having chicken in our dinner. But I usually cook Chicken Masala and we have posted it many times over so I felt I should cook something different, and here you are. Chicken dahi wala, with capsicum. I will cook Chicken Butter Masala and Chicken Tikka Masala, soon. This a Chicken Cooked in Yogurt or curd. Keep in mind, taste the curd before you cook. If the yogurt is too sour, the whole dish will spoil. I mean I don't like to eat sour Chicken. Go ahead if you like it sour. Fresh curd/yogurt taste best.

Ingredient:
1/2 Kilo Chicken.
On large onion chopped fine.
Two capsicum, cut into slices and innard removed.
1 inch ginger, and 8-9 cloves of ginger, chopped or crushed.
250 grams of yogurt.
1 tsp Dhania powder(coriander seed).
1 tsp Jeera powder(cumin seed).
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder.
1 tsp Red chilli powder.
2 bayleaves.
2 TBS Peanut Oil.

Steps:

Heat oil in a Kadhai or pan and add bayleaves.
Add Onions and fry till limp, and add the crushed ginger-garlic.
Saute till golden brown.
Add chicken, increase heat and stir well.
Add all the masala, and salt to taste.
Stir Fry well till liquid from chicken dries.
Now add the capsicum and mix thoroughly, decrease heat and keep for few minutes.
Add the Curd, and half a cup of water and cook covered in low heat for 15 minutes.

Serve.
Yummy, isn't it.

One question.
Was there something wrong with Blogger or my Site yesterday? Visitor level went down by about 150 suddenly during the day, and picked up later only. Strange phenomenon.
Or maybe people are bored!!
I haven't had much Curry Mela Entries.
Curry Mela entry is on. Hurry up.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...It looks so yummy :). Where do you get all those delicious recipes Tony?

6/02/2006 02:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would really want to try with sour curd ;) my husband loves something sour.. i have been trying to find sour recipes.. feel like eating some

6/02/2006 03:24:00 AM  
Blogger reshma said...

I am glad you have started eating chicken again, because i had just cooked a bowl of chicken curry for your next curry mela:)
here's the link
http://greenchutney.blogspot.com/2006/06/what-handful-of-dates-can-do-to-simple.html

6/02/2006 04:26:00 AM  
Blogger Kitchenmate said...

Tony: I love chicken esp yogurt based one.. looks delicious.
Here is my entry for this week's curry mela
http://kitchenmate.blogspot.com/2006/05/meen-puttu-scrambled-fish-curry.html#links
Thanks!

6/03/2006 01:22:00 AM  
Blogger Mika said...

Hi Anthony- This looks delicious. Pity I can't cook it since my household (not me) is vegetarian.

6/03/2006 04:32:00 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

@ Shilpa: Lol Creative cooking.. Once I exhaust my creativity, I plan to start cooking from cookbooks, but of course modified for bachelor cooking, always.
@ Aparna: Most curds are sour, troublemis finding not sour curd without sugar lol

@ Reshma: Ur recipe look delectable.. will post soon

@ KM: Thanks as always.

@ Mika: LOL, same back home, which is how I learnt to cook Non-veg since mom won't cook. SHe made me aseparate kitchen for all my non-veg indulgence since they never forced their following on us.

6/03/2006 12:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11/30/2006 05:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anthony,
I came across your blog while surfing; I really like the simple, friendly, down to earth tone. Have a bachelor(ette)'s attitude to cooking myself, too.
I tried the dahi chicken recipe, it was DELicious, easy to make! My only variant - marinated the chicken in half the dahi, half the salt, jeera pwd, turmeric, dhania pwd. The other half I added as per instructions.One suggestion: can you
Next on the anvil: capsicum jhunka!
Thanks much, and best wishes,
Anjali

6/02/2008 08:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, I hit submit before I finished a line - Can you mention the number of servings the recipe will make?
Also, I dont see the dahi chicken recipe under 'Chicken Recipes'?
Regards,
Anjali

6/02/2008 08:15:00 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

Thanks you so much for leaving the comment Anjali. I will certainly try your version as well..
And I will adjust the menu thanks..

6/02/2008 08:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home