Saturday, May 27, 2006

Curry Mela-19th Week

Dear Readers,

Let me welcome you to the 19th Curry Mela.
It still amazes me that we have been running this succesfully. This is the 19th week that we started this out. I thank all my readers who have been a constant inspiration to keep it going. I see that there are more than 250 unique visitors each day, I thank you all.
It would give me immense pleasure if I get more entries to the next curry mela. I welcome all visitors who writes a food blog.




Let's raise the curtains with this amazing Beetroot sambhar ( Sambhar with beets and lentils) , a very healthy recipe.


Check out this Chaat , another all time favorite of Indians, the universal Indian fast food or snacks.

daal-makhani-cream-lentils
Check out this Dal makhani, and all time favorite for all desis.


This is a very simple recipe, will remind you of home. Check out this ginger rice, a comfort food.


Begun Posto or Smoked Begun with Poppy seeds , do check out. She has another surprise.

methi-muthia-teatime-snacks
Looks similar to vadi or pakodis but quite different though, and well this is a new recipe, Check out this methi-muthia a teatime snack.


egg-curry-coconut-milk-gravy
I cook a lot of eggs, and I even have a category on eggs on the sidebar, but this is new too me and looks very very yummy I am going to try it soon. Very soon. Check out this Curried eggs in coconut milk gravy.

white-chocolate-blondies
Trust this blogger to come up with such recipes as white chocolate blondies.

paneer-Jhalfrezi-indian-cottage-cheese
The next recipe, from a knowledgeable blogger *winks*, is Paneer Jhalfrezi, and she has written some scary stuff too alongside the colorful Jhalfrezi. check out.

Ghee-homemade-butter-milk-indianfood
You all must remember that I got famous, well almost, after I made those home made paneers. I guess here is the making of another blogger, almost again lol, for she is preparing GHEE, homemade ghee. Food blogging can be an amazing source of Information and Tips.. Check out her step by step tutorial on how to CREATE Ghee..


Prawns-masala-Seafood
Prawns masaledar , a picture very simple captured but look at the thickness and the taste it must hold...

yogurt-zucchini-raita-with-dill
Check out this amazing fusion of Indian and Bulgarian Cuisine with this Tikvitchki-Bulgarian Zucchini Raita.

lamb-chops-with-mint-yogurt-sauce-recipelamb-chops-with-tomato-spinach-rice This is an amazing recipe, you must have noticed how I love lamb chops, I have posted thrice on the same. I found another blogger who also posted two recipes( well comb0 :-) ) of lamb chops.
The above picture is lamb chops with mint yogurt sauce, and the second one is lamb chops with tomato Spinach Rice.


Before we finish for today check out this Amazing piece on the magic of Basmati, no picture, but worth a reading.


Technorati tag::

12 Comments:

Blogger Sury said...

I feel so honoured to be featured alongside these masterful creations. I am returning to the world of food blogs after a while, and there couldn't have been a better place for me to start my blog hopping adventure.

Thanks for another great round-up!

5/27/2006 02:34:00 PM  
Blogger rokh said...

thanks for your curry melaas. i love it, linking to many lovely recipes at great sites

5/27/2006 11:51:00 PM  
Blogger Shammi said...

Thanks for linking me, Tony :) I'm going to try and make a special recipe every week just for your curry mela! :) Not sure if I'll be able to do so every single time, but I'll certainly try! Keep up the great work!

5/28/2006 12:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Anthony,

Just checked in your website through Mahanandi. You have great links, it would take years for me to read all of them. I love it!

can add you in my blog roll?
Thnaks

5/28/2006 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

Sury: its been a long time indeed, and I was quite amazed when i saw that ur feed got updated lo.. and cumon don't be so modest.. just cook a dish for the mela every week.

@ Rokh: next weekend i will need an entry from you.

Shammi: that;'s so nice of you dear..

@Aparna: With pleasure.. I will also link you back.. and heh thanks

5/28/2006 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger Krithika said...

First time to you blog. Very nice ! Thanks for inviting me to participate in Curry Mela. Will definitely try and participate.

5/28/2006 10:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your curry mela is veryyy veryyy useful.I come here and in a single page I get all types of dishes with link and pics!
Thanks for all the hard work you put in:)

5/29/2006 02:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right back at ya, buddy!

5/29/2006 09:37:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Krithika: Thanks.. i will look forward to the same

@ Anwesha: My pleasure

@Manisha: lol

5/29/2006 12:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tony..of course I know you love lamb chops. And thanks to curry mela, I now have a recipe for Dal Makhani, something I wanted to try for a long time.

5/30/2006 06:41:00 PM  
Blogger The Bhandari's said...

hey am so happy to see my recipe of Dal Makhani here :) good going curry mela :)
Am really becoming irregular and have to sit one full day to go through all the recepies :)
~preeti

6/01/2006 02:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Anythony, This is nice. The weeks menu all laid out for one. Thanks for the mention.It is really a delicious change from the usual cucumber raita.

6/02/2006 01:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home