Saturday, April 08, 2006

Curry Mela 14th

I am late again.
Yesterday, a very stubborn tooth had to be removed and believe me it pained like Hell. I was once beaten by a mob after I hit a lady with my bike, BY ACCIDENT. And it didn't hurt that much because I was all guilty. I was on my way to my tuitions. The lady was hospitalised.

The tooth or the place where it had been pains like hell as I type this, and the corner of lips OWWWW. They had stretched it till kingdom come, and i didn't realise till today morning since i was on anaesthesia. It was the wisdom tooth, and it had ingrown inside pressing itself hard againts the next tooth and giving me lots of pain ( it was not decayed... I am too hygenic and take care of myself for that), so doctor said it had to be removed... It hadn't come out of the gum too, so it had to cut open and removed. The doctor was a lady so I could'nt scream either. I could really acted that way before a lady eh! Well, the doctor was a pretty lady. And it hurt like hell.. STILL HURTS, and the broadband provider disconnected or disabled my account for some strange reasons. I mean today of all days... SO i had to come to a cyber cafe... one side of the face all swelling... Actually i came because I wanted to sip the cold Granitas they serve at the Java green Cafe inside the Cyber cafe. Unfortunately that was also not there today... lol.... But the show must go on isn't it....

So here goes our 14th curry mela.... do enjoy... and where is that ICE CREAM.....
If you find any spelling or grammatical mistakes, blame it to the pain killer.. I am slightly groggy...


This is the latest addition to my Curry mela, Blame my tooth ache, i somehow missed adding this entry.. My I apologize??? Anyway, the enormity of the mistake is further deepened by the fcat this is one of my favorite dishes and the recipe of this Prawns varuval/fry is just amazing...
----------------------------------------------------------------



We cook daal almost every day, bachelors and non-bachelors alike, but to get the perfect daal is not as easy a feat. Cheack out this amazing everyday dal fry.
----------------------------------------------------------------



Asparagus bruschetta with goats cheese, wow, a perfect private romatic set-up.. That bottle of wine, but where is the other glass..
----------------------------------------------------------------



Don't you all love this Desi Style Panini, the next best thing that happened after Mac Aloo tikki eh!!!
----------------------------------------------------------------


Leftover surprise or-diving into indian food Most apt for a bachelor... for bachelor cookin ;-). Check out this amazingly pleasant surprise, from another new blogger on my blog.. Introducing new bloggers is also part of the curry blogger BTW. DO check out..

----------------------------------------------------------------


Another of my favorite, fish curry, a food stable on our dish except on thurdays when my mom goes all vegetarian
..

----------------------------------------------------------------


Check out the amazing Brocco flower curry prepared from the vegetable above. This is a hybrid of brocolli and cauliflower.. I can't wait to try this...

----------------------------------------------------------------



Soya fritters (vadai) , I have had aloo fritters, prawn fritter, and even peas fritters, this one was news to me.. And BTW, let also introduce this New blogger on the block with this recipe entry..

----------------------------------------------------------------



Spicy Mint Aloo & Half-off Coleslaw Wrap, Drooling all over. I wish I hadn't this pain in the tooth. lol. I would love to munch down on it...
----------------------------------------------------------------



Kala Channa fry, kala chana is a very healthy food, full of protien and good for the digestive system. Taste great with parothas or rotis...

----------------------------------------------------------------




Drums of Heaven, been sometime since I had this amazing gift of the Chinese to mankind after the Chicken manchurian.

----------------------------------------------------------------


And Gobi Paratha, well raning parathas.. Ok! I will have three of these, and yeah give me 3 of those methi parathas. Am I kidding? Those were starters lol.

----------------------------------------------------------------


Amazing Methi parathas, favorite breakfast, lunch, dinner and what not.

----------------------------------------------------------------



Palakayalu - Rice Based Crispy Savory, some amazing home hade snacks. To be enjoyed with teas. Tony!!!!!! Teas, I said, not beer :-)

----------------------------------------------------------------


Eri seri, don't know it? Haven't heard of it? Senai kizhangu ? Click the link and check out. It is an amazing and healthy recipe.

----------------------------------------------------------------



Paneer with potatoes and green peas, one of my favoritest(sic) dish. I cooked similar one few months back. It was quite a Hit with my old readers. Here is the link to my famous Self made paneer.

----------------------------------------------------------------



Pepper Chicken (Milagu Kozhi Curry), my favorite. I have cooked this dish and even posted it long time back. Reminds me its been a long time that had chicken.

----------------------------------------------------------------





Pepper_Jeera Rasam with Eggplant-Potato Curry , that is what I call a killer combo. I am try out both....sooon

----------------------------------------------------------------





Dahi Vada , OMG, it was a nice surprise to find my favorite snacks... I never though one would prepare this at home.... I have always had this in south indian restaurants, and remains my favorite...

----------------------------------------------------------------


Chinta Chiguru Pappu (Chinta Chiguru is Chintaaku is tamrind leaves is Imli ke patte), this dish is new to me and needs immediate trial and trial ( no error eh!)

----------------------------------------------------------------


Cream of Broccoli Soup; A newly discovered passion, drooling over this blogger's amazing food photography.. How does she do it?

----------------------------------------------------------------

The last entry, and hey buddy.. sorry that i forgot to link it yesterday. I guess it was the pain and the painkiller lol... But here Introducing a new blogger into our curry mela, is an amazing Chicken Dish the chicken 65 (or 66 or whatever) as the blogger says.. Enjoy the well written recipe...

Muchas Gracias.. If you will allow me to go back home and sleep''

LOL, this was the best curry mela ever...

I really enjoyed it, the pain notwithstanding...
I am off for some more Ice creams....
Want me to post a picture of my lopsided swollen Jaw??

25 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Gosh!!! Tony, I hope u r alrite. Highly appreciate ur effort despite being in pain. Hats off to u my fried. Salute ur spirit. Long live Curry Mela!!!!

4/08/2006 01:14:00 PM  
Blogger ammani said...

AS always a fantastic selection of recipes. Thanks Antony. You make it so easy for us to decide what to cook.

4/08/2006 03:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The man has had tooth surgery and he goes in search of a cyber cafe to post the latest curry mela!! with no coffee to soothe the pain!! Now, that's dedication!!

thanks for including me Tony. Hope your pain eases soon.

cheers!

4/08/2006 06:48:00 PM  
Blogger Luv2cook said...

Tony:

I know how it must hurt. I hope you feel better soon! As SH said, I am amazed at your dedication.

Wishing you a lot of Granitas and icecream :-)

4/08/2006 07:55:00 PM  
Blogger Priya said...

Aw Man Wisdom tooth !!! should be really hurting. And with all the pain u dint miss this weeks curry mela. Really appreciate ur enthusiasm but at times like this u dont have to take too much trouble.we miss one week is fine with us.. Anyways like LUV2COOK says lots of ice cream is very soothing... Take care..

4/08/2006 09:48:00 PM  
Blogger Revathi said...

Hi Anthony,
Its not easy to write food comments when the teeth is hurting and the mouth has a different taste because of the anasthesia - But I am really surprised with your commitment to get it going to enter in all the entries - Thank you very much - Now I know why your blog is sooo popular.
Take care and get well soon

4/08/2006 10:16:00 PM  
Blogger BDSN said...

Wow!!It's truly amazing that u could withstand so much pain and still work on ur blog!Hats off to u!!So many new recipes here and I want to try each and every one virtually...LOL..

4/08/2006 11:32:00 PM  
Blogger Kitchenmate said...

Hope you are doing good. I better know abt this wisdom tooth (i have removed my lower 2's).
Best thing to do: Rinse the treated area with salt water whenever possible(helps healing faster, without causing any inflammation further). Treat with icepack too. Eat mashed food(less spicy)... have icecream too:)
Great round up. Appreciate your dedication despite your toothache.
Take care buddy.

4/09/2006 03:36:00 AM  
Blogger Priya Bhaskaran said...

Hi Anthony, Good work. It is good to see so many recipes.Hope you are getting better.Get well soon :)

4/09/2006 04:08:00 AM  
Blogger Cate said...

Nice round-up, Anthony. Hope you're feeling better!

4/09/2006 08:36:00 AM  
Blogger Tanuja said...

Hope ur feeling better now Anthony,
get well soon:)

great round up:

4/09/2006 09:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery.:)

4/09/2006 10:12:00 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

Before answering to everyone, lemme say that once my broadband is up( I came to the same cafe again, and am having ice creams too) I am going to post my mashed food lol.. I made daal rich khichdi and tadkad in gheeee.. awesome

4/09/2006 11:15:00 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

To all of you, Thank you so much again... for the kind words.. I am already feeling better... seriously. oooucchhhhhhhh.. its hurting,,, lol

4/09/2006 01:08:00 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

@ Pushpa: hehehe, the show must go on... Actually I was also very bored with the pain and everything... I enjoyed this actually....

@ Santhi: Its better today,,, by my lips are still paining.. the swelling i still there.. ;-)

@ Ammani: My pleasure Ammani...

@ Saffron hut: I am hoping the same... lol, I blogrolled you too... Haven't I told you I have grown fat after I started the blog, coz i want to cook better things everyday lol.

@ L2C: Thank you pal... But this was a good distraction... and I am having lots of ice cream.. lol

@ Priya: I know Priya.... thanks for the words... Bu I also enjoy it when all you come to comment and say nice word you know.. eases the pain a lot..

@ Revathi: The dedication was partly fueled by the pain killer lol... I was high on that lol.. Just kidding. but I jut wanted to share my pain tooo.. It was unbelievably pianful... still is....

@ BDSN: But it actually eased the pain a lot.. ice creams and blogging...

@ Karthi: Thank you karthi... I am oing that too. I am using betadine gurgle....

@ Priya B: WIth all your ind words, i am already feeling good lol....

@ cate, I sure am ...lol Thank you too...

@ Tanuja: The pain started today lol.. kidding, it is little better

@ Lera: Thank you so much..

4/09/2006 01:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thansk Melissa.. I m better now, and yeah the mob thing was a long time ago.. Actually the lady was hurt, and it was her locality.. :-)

4/09/2006 11:10:00 PM  
Blogger Fiber said...

Wow - everything looks awesome!
Great job!

4/10/2006 12:18:00 AM  
Blogger Shammi said...

Anthony, hope you become okay soon... I know how excruciating a toothache (if your agony can be described as such!) can be. Take care, pal.

4/10/2006 03:56:00 AM  
Blogger RP said...

Hope you feel better by now Anthony. Happy to see the display of recipes. Its fun to go on a parade with our recipes every week. Thanks for providing a stage.
Please take enough rest & get well soon.
Hey blog friends, lets all make some mashed food for Anthony!

4/10/2006 05:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Anthony, Hope you are feeling better.ah...the pains of wisdom ...:)

Thx for including me in your curry mela. Your Curry Mela is a fun weekend activity that I look forward to, even more so now that I participate in it!!

Take care..

4/10/2006 09:00:00 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

@ Fiber: Thanks a lot pal... Seeing you for the first time here... Welcome..

@ Shammi: Thanks dear.. Its better today

@ Vee: lol yeah.. the pains of wisdom... i ma better today.... can't tlk or laugh without hurting though lol

4/10/2006 08:08:00 PM  
Blogger Priya said...

And hey Senai Kilangu ( in tamil ) is YAM in English , SURAN in hindi.

4/10/2006 10:16:00 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

Thnks for the info priya.. It is best had just steamed you know??

Hey people:: Thnks for the kind words.. I know understand why people dread going to the dentist and can undertand that joke in Friends, initial episode when the dentist that rachel dumped said I don't like to hurt people...

4/11/2006 07:04:00 AM  
Blogger Sury said...

Aww, poor you with the toothache; those can be killing. I hope you are feeling better now.

Lovely curry mela. I bookmarked quite a few from it :)

4/11/2006 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

thnks Sury.... the pain is not gone yet... But pain is temporary...

4/12/2006 07:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home