Friday, February 03, 2006

Culinlinkus -IV


This week's round up of Links, for the Culinlinkus,
The weekend Desi Food carnival at Anthony's Bachelor Cooking. Anthony's weekend favorites;

{ If you want, you may click this link to download a smaller Culinlinkus Shield and link it back from your blog. }





Starting with a simple recipe today from The Timid Cook, Simple Chicken Curry, very apt for bachelors isn't it.

I have an Upma recipe here from Kay, which is her first of a series of new food that she will try this year. Don't for get to try out her other 11 recipes she will be trying out. But her Couscous Upma today is a very healthy breakfast.

I have another Upma recipe here, the Upma with Hominy Grits, from Indira, the queen of the foody tribe. lol. She has been the inspiration many food bloggers, and many posts. lol.

VKN has a very nice chicken korma recipe here, which he cooked again with a little twist. The link is the original version, don't forget to check out the latest one as well. And of course don't forget to enroll for his virtual cooking competition.

And what I liked about this bell pepper rice, is the fact that peanuts were used. One of my favorite ingredients, and which I also used in my Palak recipe.

I also liked Tina's Kheema baida, not to mention that fact that I have two dishes of kheema saved as draft. The pictures I mean. To post on a rainy day. LOL. The duo of eggs floating on the kheema looks amazing.

Sounds eerie, but this thing happens every week, if i cooked with a particular stuff recently, I keep bumping into the same in the foodblogosphere, as with palak today. Only yesterday i cooked Palak saag, and here I see a Palak Biryani here. Not to mention the peanuts above. The coincidence is eerie ain't it? And it was baked stuff last week. lol. It is like you remembered an old forgotten song and suddenly you keep bumping into people humming the same.

And see, here is another palak dish again, a Palak Daal, but it looks dam enticing. Coincidence or not. Is it The spinach season by the way LOL, not that I complain. Oh! I had palak paneer for lunch today at the canteen, home cooked that my team mate brought. I took the recipe of course...

Out at one hot stove, it is the turn of U, and yum, she has Usal Misal, of the Maharastrian Misal pao. The ubiquitous, delicious breakfast.

On a more exotic note try out this Red Chile Enchiladas.

Tandoori Chicken is every body's favorite, but it is so unfair to tempt me with such amazing pictures of Tandoori Chicken staring at me.

And have I linked this chicken biriyani with asparagus and mushrooms. The detailed way of explaing the recipe make it a repeat candidate nonetheless.

This Sweet & Sour Bean Hotpot from Chaipani is just amazing, the second dish i am going to try out this weekend. I love potatoes, and I love beans as you all know... lol

It will be a saturday when I pots this up, but wow, this TGIF-Lunch is a treat.

Another treat being this deliciously red kadhai Paneer.

And Ashwini, thanks for reminding me of the dabeli, God's gift to Mumbaites. An amazing Mumbai fast food. Yum, and those sweetish fruits mixed with the salty namkeen bhujiya.

AILA!!! FISH!!!! I just love fish, and roasted fish... hmm that is my staple food dear... That was a very mouth watering post. I will do a post on smoked fishes.

Cheese and crab, wow... Now you are now testing my patience....loll

Another of my fav foods, halwa.. and sweet potato halwa, my goodness!! Thanks for sharing the recipe... Will definite try that out.

And how did I miss this, look at the colour combo. Mind boggling, and taste-bud teasing or is it seducing??


And lemme finish this week's top 20 with another of my favorites Coconut kheer, well I told you that I like coconut with my kheer.


Technorati tag::

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Culilinkus shield! Did you design it yourself?

2/04/2006 05:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ gini: with some help from the Team's graphics designer

@ parna: My pleasure

2/04/2006 03:53:00 PM  
Blogger Sury said...

Great links as always, and a spiffy new logo! Keep up the good work :)

2/04/2006 08:31:00 PM  
Blogger reshma said...

awesome idea! now I can just come to this page to see what everyone's cooking. Thanks.

2/05/2006 12:58:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ Sury: Thnks

@ reshma: Thanks and you are always welcome

2/05/2006 02:03:00 AM  
Blogger Ashwini said...

Anthony, wow. amazing logo! and i am so glad you linked my dabeli. thanks! btw have you thought of another name beside culin linkus? hee hee just kiddin....

2/05/2006 10:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ Ashwini: Seriously considering that. the name is a serious bottleneck to the popularity of this even i guess. lol, coming from a bachelor

2/05/2006 02:28:00 PM  
Blogger Shammi said...

Anthony, please DONT make sweet potato halwa like I did! :D

2/06/2006 04:09:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a colourful logo,you have got there...That's quite an array of yummmy dishes all in a single post...:)

2/06/2006 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger Ujwala Prabhu said...

a wonderful idea to continue such a post on a weekly basis. looks like a lot of work. thanks for including me again. i know i'll keep coming back to check on all the other recipes that you have taken the trouble to check out.

2/22/2006 03:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home