Sunday, January 27, 2008

Easy Vegeterian Recipes and Fun Cooking!

I started this blog quite a while back. I can trace back the first post here. I blogged many recipes so far, gained me a few pounds from eating all those stuff that blogged. Most of the recipes were found to be interesting by quite a number of visitors. I do have a list of the recipes that I blogged on the side bar, but I will make it more easier by posting some of the good recipes blogged so far. Feel free to browse them, cook them and share how it come out if you happen to cook them :)

Let us start with some of the Vegetarian Recipes:


  • Paneer Mattar Masala curry
  • This was a simple paneer recipe that can never go wrong. Nothing fancy, just a good Paneer Curry. But the real winner in this recipe is How I prepared the paneer or cottage cheese from scratch. yes, you can quite easily make paneer at home.


  • Simple Palak Paneer
  • This is another Paneer recipe. A real easy palak paneer. Again, nothing fancy, and it doesn't really look like the palak paneer you get at restaurants. I have simplified this so that anyone one can cook it in less than half an hour. Enjoy!

    I also have some kick ass Halwa Recipes. Halwa is an Indian Sweet dish, that can be had as a dessert, or breakfast, or even a snack. Indians do love sweet snacks.

  • Gajjar ka Halwa
  • This is an easy way of making Gajjar ka Halwa. Gajjas or Carrot is grated and cooked in Milk and butter, with dried fruits to add that special thing.

  • Beet ka Halwa
  • Quite similar to the carrot halwa, but with Beet and this also taste just awesome.

  • White Peas Cooked with baking soda

  • Ootti ver 2.0
  • I actually blogged the above recipe twice. It is a Manipuri delicacy called "Ootti". A real wonning recipe that tastes awesome with rice or Khichdi, and even Puri.

  • Rice Kheer
  • This is something like Rice Porridge, again an Indian Sweet dish that is had as dessert or even breakfast. Rice cooked in milk and flavored with raisins and what not.

  • Peanut Palak Saag
  • This is a simple spinach or palak recipe. A unique combination of spinach and peanuts. I am sure you haven't had this before. Try it and tell me if you liked it.

  • Gobi Pakoda

  • This is a simple recipe of Cauliflower Fritters, cauliflower dipped in a spicy batter of gram flour and deep fried. Great as a beer snack or just something to snack on on a rainy afternoon.

    Similar fritters that I blogged:
  • Veg Pakoda

  • Potato Fritters

  • Excuse the prawn recipe in between the veg recipes. I blogged the recipe for both vegeterians and non vegeterians. Same batter, different dips!


  • Pakoda Kadhi
  • And curry made out of the fritters.


  • Gobi Manchurian
  • This is a faux Chinese recipe that is very popular in India. This is a vegeterian chicken manchurian, only with cauliflowers in place of the Chicken.

  • Chole Masala
  • Chole masala cooked in a very simple way. the recipe is very easy to follow. Don't write it down, just remember the steps and try it. Chole is type of chick peas white in color and bigger than the usual chick pea.

  • Mashed Potato
  • Who said Indians don't eat mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes are very popular in the eastern part of Indian, and is a very popular cuisine. Here is an easy recipe of the Indian mashed potato.


  • Easy Daal Recipes
  • Eating daals or boiled grams with every meal, daal can become quite a bore. But spice it up, and it is an awesome dish. Check out my daal recipes.


  • French Beans cooked with Coconuts
  • If you have been to Bangalore, you must have come across the French beans side dish that is cooked with grated coconut. Truth be told, that is the only way I like my beans, other the steamed beans served with steaks.

  • Sarson Da Saag
  • Now, what is this? Well, as a food blog, that mostly cooks Indian Recipes, passing over Sarsong ka saag would have been a sacrilege. Well, this is the famous Sarsong ka saag. I have simplified the recipe without diluting the flavour. You could call it stir fried mustard greens.


  • Aloo Karela
  • Bitter Gourd or karela as the name suggests is bitter, Kaput! Slow fry it with some onions and potatoes, and it becomes a very elegant bitter sweet side dish that is extremely healthy, trust me.

  • Loki Masala
  • I don't quite like the usual curry of loki or water gourd, but I have a simple recipe that I sometimes cook and I don't actually mind.

  • Veg Korma
  • A list of vegeterian recipes will be incomplete with the Vegetable Korma recipe eh! This is a mixed Vegeterian curry.

  • Coconutty Cabbage
  • This is a fry cooked cabbage recipe flavored with grated coconut. Quite light on the stomach!


  • Cabbage and peas
  • A quickie side dish you can cook in 10 minutes from peas and cabbage

  • Aloo Gobi
  • I love aloo gobi subzee, the dish made by slow cooking potatoes and cauliflower in vegetable oil. Try adding some chick peas, and you get a distinctly different Aloo Gobi.


  • Gobi Curry
  • One more cauliflower recipe!

  • Aloo Jeera
  • The ubiquitous Aloo Jeera, or potatoes fried with cumin seed. This is a real quickie dish that I can whip up in 10 minutes.

    Below is a list of Khichdi Recipes that I blogged:
  • Green Moong Khichdi
  • Many people tried and loved this actually!
  • Simple Khichdi recipe with ghee



  • Simple Khichdis that I cooked when I was sick.
  • Low fat, low spice!

  • Rajma Masala
  • Rajma Chawal is the favorite of most Indians, a comfort food, a food that many Indians living away from home misses the most. Chawal is easy, but you can also easily make a great Rajma Dish. Now don't put too much onions please. Half an onion fried till golden brown for a pound of Rajma.

  • Stuffed Capsicum
  • Have you not tried my stuffed capsicum yet? You will love it!



  • Capsicum Zhunka
  • Another capsicum recipe I learnt when in Mumbai. Great Maharashtrian recipe.
  • Veg Biryani
  • A simple and quick vegeterian Biryani!

  • Dum Aloo
  • A quick and simple Dum Aloo recipe.

  • Palak Daal
  • And this is another daal recipe. Toor daal with spinach!

    Labels:

    41 Comments:

    Blogger Revathi said...

    welcome back !!!

    1/30/2008 05:17:00 AM  
    Blogger Janna Wan Muhammad said...

    owh..I LOVE Indian food.Nyum! Nyum ! I've been thinking of trying to make my own Chapatti, but I haven't had the guts to try it yet....I definitely will try some of your delicious and irresistable recipes ! Come and visit my blog too...comments and suggestions and cooking tips from are most welcomed. Bye!

    2/02/2008 01:52:00 PM  
    Blogger Shella said...

    Hellooo where hv you been all this while. I was beginning to wonder that you got lost somewhere in cyberspace!!!

    2/08/2008 10:43:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow....you've got quite a collection of veg recipes.Thanks.

    2/11/2008 02:23:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This is the first time I have seen your blog and I must say you have quite a collection of recipes. Shall try some.

    http://globalcookingrecipes.com/

    2/14/2008 10:01:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    2/19/2008 11:11:00 PM  
    Blogger Saikat said...

    hi,
    i wanted to email you, but could not locate your email address on the blog.
    blogsjam is a new web-based blog reader, organized by channels.


    pl. check it out, and contact me at saibose@gmail.com, if you have any questions.
    we also have a cool widget, that will not only help get more
    distribution for your blog,
    but it can also be used to feature fresh and contextual posts on your blog.

    thx-Saikat

    2/20/2008 04:23:00 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    2/20/2008 05:49:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    2/20/2008 07:34:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    2/20/2008 07:35:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I find teh site interesting. HOwever, I have a suggestion for another site as well. here is the link.,

    Lenx recipes cooking

    2/29/2008 05:25:00 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    3/11/2008 02:41:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Anthony
    visited ur blog for the first time n gotta say it's really amazing for a bachelor !:) tried ur lauki masala, those peanuts as u said were just wonderful, thnx !will keep on watching ur space for new additions. have a gud one.. :)
    Abhi

    3/12/2008 10:18:00 AM  
    Blogger Ramya said...

    i love your blog and ur recipes.. Inspired of u and fellow bloggers i started a food blog..
    do Visit my blog, http://welcomehunger.blogspot.com and pass ur comments and please link me from ur blog
    Thanks,
    Ramya

    4/05/2008 11:40:00 PM  
    Blogger RamyaLN said...

    interesting blog for different recipes. i liked your blog and all ur recipes..
    i have made a blog specially for south indian recipes..

    http://south-indian-cuisine.blogspot.com/

    and please do visit pass ur comments and please link me from ur blog
    Thanks,
    Ramya LN

    4/24/2008 04:20:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    4/26/2008 03:51:00 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    5/11/2008 11:27:00 AM  
    Blogger Tushar Mangl said...

    Great blog man
    wrote few blogs about it
    on my own blog
    tshharmangal.blogspot.com
    do check out
    God bless!!! :-)

    5/19/2008 01:11:00 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Friend
    Georgious blog. Your blog represents easy and fantastic recepies.Do you want some more information for your blog?

    6/08/2008 05:23:00 PM  
    Blogger Admin said...

    @Revathy: Thanks :)

    @Janna: My Pleasure..

    @Shella: I am trying to be back :)

    @homecookeD: I like your site too,. :)

    @ Toxi: You too got a great blog there.. Thankx for the kind words

    @ Jeena: Thanks for the Invite.. I will surely check it out..

    @ ramyaln: You got a great blog there.. You can link to me too :)

    @Ramyaharish: I am open to link exchange..

    @ Abhi: I m really glad..

    @ Saikat: I will check it out someday.

    @Tushar: you got a great blog.. DO update often.

    @bhupendra.kahar@ What information would I want?

    6/10/2008 08:27:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow....you've got quite a collection of good recipes.Thanks

    Please connect me from your blog

    http://www.anjumsrasoi.blogspot.com

    Bye

    8/17/2008 05:09:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Anthony,
    VG blog. The curries look really delicious.

    I represent a client who may be interested in linking themselves to your blog. How can I contact you?

    I notice from your other blog that you may be from Manipur. I have been to nearby Meghalaya. The North East of India is very beautiful.
    Best regards,
    Pierre Evianne.
    chinesepierre@gmail.com

    8/18/2008 02:41:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love your ideas. Your blog is great. So well done.
    I'm trying to help promote a site called Behind the Burner (www.behindtheburner.com).
    It's going to be full of culinary secrets and healthy eating ideas!
    Tell all your friends. Do whatever you can to spread the great news.

    Thanks,

    Holly

    9/15/2008 11:27:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi
    I just wanted to say that my philosophy has always bean minmum necessary time in the kitchen since I rather do other things & I love your simple/easy/fast vegetarian recepies that also helps me to get som balance i my eating. Hope you keep it up so that cooking desasters like me can feel well adjusted. :-)

    10/08/2008 08:31:00 AM  
    Blogger Karthick Gopal said...

    This is fantastic stuff dude! Thanks so much for putting it up, I will definitely be comparing the dishes I make with this and learn a lot more from you. I wrote a simple post on the basic ingredients at http://karthickgopal.com/2008/11/cooking-for-bachelors-the-basic-ingredients/. How I wish I saw this before! Will use your link to redirect. Cheers.

    11/04/2008 11:15:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Very informative postr.

    A little recommendation, I found these to be so delicious and useful in my kitchen: http://bajoseasonedsalts.com/

    Cheers.

    John

    11/08/2008 02:40:00 AM  
    Blogger Malar Gandhi said...

    I am a great fan of ur recipes. They sound interesting and easy to fix. Got something for you in my blog...please trail back!

    11/18/2008 08:52:00 AM  
    Blogger Admin said...

    Need to delete some trolls :)

    11/27/2008 08:53:00 AM  
    Blogger Poornima said...

    Love your blog.Hope you keep posting.My son has started to cook with your recipes so thanks heaps for the recipes.Cheers.

    12/11/2008 12:20:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi,

    I was reading ur blog posts and found some of them to be very good.. u write well.. Why don't you popularize it more.. ur posts on ur blog took my particular attention as some of them are interesting topics of mine too;

    BTW I help out some ex-IIMA guys who with another batch mate run www.rambhai.com where you can post links to your most loved blog-posts. Rambhai was the chaiwala at IIMA and it is a site where users can themselves share links to blog posts etc and other can find and vote on them. The best make it to the homepage!

    This way you can reach out to rambhai readers some of whom could become your ardent fans.. who knows.. :)

    Cheers,

    12/16/2008 04:54:00 PM  
    Blogger Sownak said...

    Thanks for these vegeterian dishes. Now I do not have to search google!

    3/09/2009 12:37:00 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Your choice of recipes matches mine - but the amazing part is so does your choice in music, books and movies. Now I know why I am so attuned to your cookery :-)

    3/09/2009 12:58:00 PM  
    Blogger Amrita said...

    Wow, Anthony I am your fan

    3/23/2009 08:18:00 AM  
    Blogger Unknown said...

    sounds delicious....thanks for sharing your recipes...uphere in U.S. i always have a hard time trying to find ingredients...thanks to my friend who introduced me to a great site www.myethnicworld.com and i thought that i pass great along as well.

    4/14/2009 10:44:00 PM  
    Blogger Bluebirdy said...

    Wow I am glad I gound your website! I need easy recipes, so looked online for fast easy cooking, and your blog came up, and it happens that I also need Indian food for my new hubby from that area, so this is perfect! It would be much easier to follow you if you added the "follow" button. Then you would automatically be added to my blogroll. If you to to dashboard, then to layout, then add new gadget, then when the box of gadgets comes up, click on "follow", you will soon see how many people follow your blog! I would like to be one of them so please inform me when you do that. I will choose to receive follow up comments for this post. Keep up the great work!

    4/25/2009 11:05:00 PM  
    Blogger magical mehandi said...

    I am a great fan of ur recipes.
    Work from home

    6/07/2009 09:28:00 AM  
    Blogger Ellen said...

    Hi!

    I was told of your blog by Raj -- who is also your college friend. :-) You have a very interesting blog and blog title. I have not ever tried cooking Indian food cos am not sure if I would find your ingredients here in my country. Actually I don't cook but my daughters do. So I might ask them to give it a shot with a simple Indian dish to start with. :-)

    Hope you're having a good week.

    Ellen

    9/24/2009 07:03:00 PM  
    Anonymous rachelisallen said...

    Owh..I like Indian food.Nyum! Nyum! I have been thinking about trying to make my very own Chapatti, but I haven't had the courage to try it yet....I definitely will try some of your tasty and irresistable recipes! Come and visit my blog too...comments and proposals and cooking tips from are most welcomed.

    7/19/2011 11:07:00 PM  
    Blogger indiatravelstours said...

    Hi! This is very greatful and informatic helpful Can I quote a post in your blog with the link to you? i want to book mark it!

    The Budget Hotels in New Delhi offer excellent hospitality at reasonable prices to their guests. Book yourself into the Budget Hotels in Delhi and you'll find comfortable accommodation and excellent service at the right price. The Budget Hotels in Delhi are pleasant and relaxing hotels to stay at while on leisure or business. Register at the Budget Hotels in Delhi and you'll find conference and business facilities, multi-cuisine restaurants and a pleasant ambience. Enjoy a relaxing stay at the Budget Hotels in Delhi, with Hotels of New Delhi

    Budget hotels in delhi, new delhi budget hotels


    Thanks & Regards

    7/26/2011 10:26:00 AM  
    Anonymous Jaipur Property said...

    This is the first time I have seen your blog and I must say you have quite a collection of recipes. Shall try some.............Please log on our website for Jaipur Property

    7/27/2011 12:01:00 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Wow....you've got quite a collection of veg recipes.Thanks
    contact anup@q8living.com

    11/20/2014 11:57:00 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

    << Home