Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Cooking for a Crowd Meme.

Actually it's been a long time since I cooked.
I am still not settled in my new job, new place.
The first House I rented turned out to be quite a Disaster.
Nosy Neighbour! Actually a Shrew.
She even hears the sound of my flush and complained, 3rd day into the house.
She don't like guests either.
And she is very 100 happy.
The last tenant left because she used to dial 100 too often.
Calls up the police for every damn thing, and girls cannot visit my Pad.

I can't stay in a such a place...
I have decided to move into a new place, and I will move on 30th.
I have stalled my shopping till then, and my kitchen is not yet fully Functional.
So my dinners have been quite random!
Leave alone time for Bachelor Cooking.

This is the first time I ever Ignored Bachelor Cooking so long.
And add to it the fact that I have moved to a new location.
I still have lots to do to tweak my new blog.
I have to reload all the photographs...
So Till then, I thought I shall update here.

A few more days and I shall be doing a lot of new postings.
My parents are coming and many Manipuri goodies are on its way.
We shall have many authentic Manipuri dishes too...

In the Meanwhile, why not play a Meme?
The Cooking for a Crowd Meme
When was the last time you had cooked for a crowd?

The rule of the meme.
1) Write when was the last time you cooked for a Crowd. The exact date is not required.
Just describe the adventure of cooking for so many people, what you cooked.
How it turned out to be?

2) Tag on the meme to 5 other Food Bloggers.

Enjoy!

Hey but when was it that I cooked for a crowd?
I love having guests at my home and the more the merrier.
And I can cook Alone, I don't mind as long as you don't come in my way!
But you can peel the potatoes (But don't CUT! I have my own measurements)
Peel the Onions, and the Garlic..
Oh you may crush the Ginger and Garlic.
Even the Spices..
Oh I love fresh ground Spices and Freshly crushed Ginger-garlic for my Recipes, specially when I am cooking for guests..

The one adventurous "cooking for a crowd" was when I was in Kolkata.
I had asked some friends to come over.
About 10 of them?


And, I was late. From work!
Just as I came back from shopping the fish and meat and started in the kitchen, people started rushing in.
It was 9 already!

But it was the most memorable dinner, the new year Bar-B-Qs not withstanding!

I was suppose to be tired, but cooking has this magic.. It sure has, and can be a great destresser..

I was sweating in the Kolkata Heat, and I cooked...

My friend kept pouring the scotch... I like my drinks when I am doing big dinners.
I cooked a Pork Dish, a Chicken Dish, Peas and Fish Roe (fish eggs) and a fish Curry, Like I always do.

It usually is a nightmare for vegetarians, unless it is a vegeterian lunch!!
Now that was a memorable Dinner. Somewhere in 2005....
My friends still remember my dinners...
And how pleased I get when people enjoy the same!

I usually don't eat much after such cooking sessions..
I Just watch!!

May I tag

-(Kalyn)
-SaffronHut
-Nandita
-Mandira
-Shaheen
- Revathi

And all my readers, you may consider yourself tagged if you have had adventures cooking for a crowd. I will follow up this Post with tips to cook for a crowd, or rather what I do to simplify cooking a lot of preoparations quickly.
Of course I will link back to all the posts on Cooking for a Crowd.

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Kalyn Denny said...

Hi Tony,
You are sweet to think of me. Unfortunately I'm a bit overwhelmed right now trying to keep up with the things I'm writing for my blog and Blogher, not to mention my real job! I think I will have to pass on this meme.
Good luck with your switch to Wordpress.

11/21/2006 06:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's been a while since you have posted anything. I know all about unfriendly neighbors. The last one we had was really bad. She was the kind who would come tearing down the stairs to complain we were too loud while we were cooking and on and on...but our landlord got rid of her! Good luck with the new place.

11/21/2006 09:59:00 PM  
Blogger Revathi said...

Hey thanks for taggin me. Will do it in a couple of days !

11/22/2006 03:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey good to hear from you after a looong time !!! :)

11/22/2006 10:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... what a great surprise to visit your blog!! Congratulations!! Interesting information, pretty pictures, very nice to read and easily enjoy it!!
I'll be back often to check your new posts.

Vivianne

11/22/2006 08:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ Kalyn: Not a problem kalyn... I can really understand :)

@ Gini: Yeah and hopefully I am shifting out soon :)

@ Rvathi: take your sweet time :)

@ Mehak: Long time mehak.. But yeah, expect a lot of surprises aftr a few days::

@ Vivianne Thank you so much, for liking the blog and visiting :) and promising to come back!!

11/22/2006 08:50:00 PM  
Blogger Lakshmi said...

nice to see u back.
Happy Thanksgiving.

11/23/2006 01:18:00 AM  
Blogger Shah cooks said...

Hi Tony,
Hope you have settled into my favourite city.. Yeah, I used to be in delhi a long time back.Thanks for tagging me and I will do the meme but need some days to settle in as I was out for some days.

11/27/2006 03:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi,
interesting.so now you all men would know what it means to stand in the kitchen for hours,cooking some real sumptuous dishes,only to be told at the end the fish was undercooked and the desert is too sweet.

but your efforts are commendable.!!!

11/30/2006 02:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home