Saturday, March 04, 2006

Curry Mela - 8th

Hello Friends,

It is already time for the Curry mela...
Its amazing, that I, who gets bored so soon, have managed to run it for the 8th consecutive week. I couldn't have done it without your support Friends.. That you would really love it, that you would come back for more indeed made me going. Thank you all.

I would appreciate if you would cook something special for the snext Curry Mela, the 9th curry mela, Like Santhi have done this week. It is alright otherwise too. I would still drop by to link your recipe even if you didn't cook it for me, if I fancy the recipe, lol.
But it would be nice if you can cook up for me. For your Curry Mela.

The rule is, there are no rules.
Just let the link on the recipe come in before friday night each week.
Email or the comment.

I see that most of my readers are Ladies, I guess you would be intersted in know about the Blog-a-thon, being held at the BlankNoiseProject, on street harassment.. So, if you are blogger, do participate and if you are not, you may just start blogging.

Once again Welcome to the Curry Mela- Ver.8, The Weekend Food Carnival at Anthony's Kitchen of Bachelor Cooking.. Enjoy!!

Let me start with this Blogger who cooked up this special dish up for the Curry Mela.




I have cooked and blogged about Palak Paneer, Palak Aloo, but hey This Palak - Soya is a great and new recipe here.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------



I have always wanted to post a Pao Bhaji recipe. I got my wish today. At least i am linking it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Check out this pesarattu- Green gram dal dosai . Dosa not made from the conventional batter.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Look at this amazing corn meal cabage muffins, and the pictures will surely give you an inferiority complex
------------------------------------------------------------------------------



This Arabian lamb kebabs will blow your mind.. I can already imagine the belly dance as i dig into the succulent kebabs.. [ This is my favorite post for this mela, do check out the amazinf arabian spread. The link wasn't working previously, I apologise for my slopiness]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------



This is grilled fish with roasted Pepper. Looks lovely, but I can already imagine the taste. Yummy
------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Welcoming the season with the raw Zucchini Salad says the blogger...


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Savor this onion chutney with parathas or as side dish, she says. I would love to..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Everybody is loving this faux Frites. But then, Who wouldn't, on a Fry Day.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I had the black chick pea or chana version of the Pattani Sundal( with green peas) today at lunch. It was amazing.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Announcing the return of a blogger after almost a month, with a bang, oh! I mean with a Prawns Pulao.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Lets now try some stuffef stuff, like this stuffed Okra.. Amazing recipe i tell you. My verdict is try it... over this weekend
------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Here is avial, another vegetable dish in coconut base, or as the blogger says, vegetables cooked in Coconut masala.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Check out this LASANG PINOY TUYO , whish is made of dried salted fish, well a food that is staple to manipur as well..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Ever seen a cake this a upside down. Well, you will see it now. here is a beautifully upturned, upside down pineapple cake

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With my love for aloo, I couldn't pass this dum aloo recipe for the other seemingly better recipe. LOL, so picked this recipe though there was a suimilar recipe last weekend's curry mela. I have a lot of aloo recipes in my draft by the way.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looks like my vegetable korma, but looks tastier and more authentic. Yummm.. When Am I gonna try this Vegetable in Coconut Milk. Maybe tomorrow?? This is a great recipe, i say..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have had Khichdi, we have had fried rice, chicken fried rice, veg fried rice, biryanis and what not, and then we had Aloo methi, and methi what-not but we haven't seen a Methi rice yet....on the curry mela that is.... Amazingly cooked Methi rice and an amazing blog.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------



Technorati tag::

24 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Great blog man...I love reading it, yours and Indira's blogs are in my favorites..Keep it up.

Cheers from Canada,
Trupti

3/04/2006 01:09:00 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

Thanks Trupti...
Keep dropping by..

My pleasure

3/04/2006 01:14:00 AM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

hey anthony ,

yet another successful week .congrats and thanks for mentioning my pineapple upside down cake

appreciate it:-)

3/04/2006 02:36:00 AM  
Blogger Kay said...

Tony, My recipe is veggie.. It's given as prashad in temples. It definitily doesnt have prawns in it. ;)

And the name is Sundal.

Where do you get the time to do cooking, booking & working at office? I eagerly look forward for your curry mela every week. :)

3/04/2006 03:05:00 AM  
Blogger Priya said...

My weekend routine is to check your curry mela. Love the line up of recipes.You make our jobs easier by browsing other blogs and having some of the best recipes posted in ur curry mela.I somehow missed the last two weeks coz of the internet problems i have been having .

3/04/2006 04:42:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First of all, Kay, sorry about the mispelling.. am correcting it right away... But the prawn is in the next recipe... lol.. I know it is veggie,...and i love the chana version of the same which i had incidentally yesterday..

Ahh!! Time is a constraint though and I am planning to start another blog soon geee.. But i usually do my cooking, booking and blogging between 9 pm and 12:30 AM every night...lol wake up at 6:30 go to work....

3/04/2006 12:59:00 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

Meenal: Thank you, and it was my pleasure. The upside down cake indeed is a show stealer.

Priya: Oh yeah, i was there on ur blog too.. you said you will be back by 8th didn't you?

3/04/2006 01:08:00 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3/04/2006 01:24:00 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

My Apologies again Kay..... I didn't know what you meant when you mentioned Prawns.....

Sorrry about the faux pas... It was Blasphemous.... Oh..... I feel so stupid ..... How coul I be soooo sloppy

3/04/2006 01:25:00 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

heyyyy! Cooool, buddy! :) That's ok, Everybody makes mistakes. You don't have to apologise for this small thing.

For a guy (bachelor, that too!) who gets only 6 hrs sleep, you are doing remarkably well.

3/04/2006 08:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, yeah!! It has kind of become like a passion and it was like I had to do it and finish it in a hurry too because i came back late too..

But two mistakes at one go.. hahah. you must have found it very strange though... what the heck is this.. "this sundal looks like pulao".. haha

3/04/2006 08:05:00 PM  
Blogger Kitchenmate said...

Tony: Great round up again. We will make something special for your for the forth coming curry mela.
Thank you for including my recipe!
You sleep only 6 hrs, i dont have words buddy, but i heard every one say 8 hrs sleep is must:)
--Karthi

3/04/2006 08:05:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thx Karthi...

Sometimes I sleep a lil more... but 8 is too long... 7 at max
I sometimes wake up at 7:30

3/04/2006 08:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anyway I watch a movie or read a book or am at a party if I am not blogging lol

3/04/2006 08:12:00 PM  
Blogger GourmayMasala said...

Excellent spread Tony!!

3/05/2006 01:22:00 AM  
Blogger Luv2cook said...

Anthony:

I have been a blog-reader and an "anonymous" commentor on all the blogs for a long time now. Went ahead and created myself a blog. I hope to participate in your next curry mela. I will try to cook up something special :)

Luv2cook

3/05/2006 10:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Santhi and garam masala.. thank you so much for liking it...

@Luv2cook: hey buddy welcome to the Cook-blogosphere

3/05/2006 11:55:00 AM  
Blogger sailu said...

Appreciate your curry mela round-up,Tony.Thanks for bringing it in every week,sure helps us find some great recipes.

3/05/2006 10:25:00 PM  
Blogger Shammi said...

Enjoyed your curry mela as usual, Anthony :) Even though I didnt have time to blog at all last week... at least I havent missed anything, thanks to you!

3/05/2006 11:23:00 PM  
Blogger reshma said...

This event is too good to let it die out,Anthony. Thanks!

3/06/2006 02:37:00 AM  
Blogger BDSN said...

Man!!! i was going thru ur blog of all wonderful recipes and there I found my recipe so unexpectedly..Really glad to see my recipe here..I will surely submit something for the next curry mela..till then bye

3/07/2006 07:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Anthony for the kind words you used for my kebabs.

3/07/2006 07:51:00 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

@ Sailu: It was my pleasure serving you all. lol. It was indeeed a pleasure

@ Shammi: It was an honor.. that i could be of any help.. And thank you for the kind comment.

@ Bdsn: Again I repeat that it was my pleasure and thanksa lot pal. And I would really appreciate your participation

@ Gini: please don't mention.... It indeed was great kebabs and I love them

3/07/2006 11:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anthony,

My earlier comment disappeared!! I didn't see a moderator note, so I'm posting again..sorry if this appears twice.

I love your blog and the cheerful, upbeat tone that it sets - always puts a smile on my face.

I jumped into the food blogosphere recently with http://saffronhut.blogpsot.com. Drop in sometime.

Hope to participate in your curry mela soon!

cheers!

3/08/2006 10:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home