Saturday, February 25, 2006

Curry Mela-VII.. Running for The seventh weekend

Welcome to my Curry Mela-VII, the seventh Curry mela or A Food Carnival I host at Anthony's Bachelor Cooking every weekend.
This time again, I have managed to round up a few Posts. Hope you will like it.




Let me start by introducing a fairly new food blogger... Check out this Fish Curry, and may I add that this blog is updated very regularly with amazing recipes. I say, it will be one of the more famous blogs very soon.

Maa I cried, When I saw this amazing Uttapams.. Ok I was kidding, my mom don't cook Uttapams nor Dosas, she only eat out for those... :-)

Not for Residents of Maharastra ( Have I told you that I have thrown away all the eggs i had bought the day before the news broke out.. I know its safe but why take chances even if it is 0%), For the other Check out this amazing , Rotini with chicken in red wine sauce from a very dear friend of mine...

She always surprises me like she did with this Thai Green Curry with Jashmine rice....Another amazing food blog.. She says, "thai food is so wonderfully sensuous to cook. just washing the lemongrass before cutting it leaves a lovely scent on the fingers which last all evening long. and then there's thai basil which is much more fragrant than regular basil. galangal, cilantro and lime also add to the fresh flavour blasts one gets when cooking thai."

Check out this Amazing picture of Carrot Pickle, right out of the home made jar....

Methi Kabuli Chana( fenugreek with Chick Peas), Chick peas are a great source of protien, and contain a substance called saponin, which can act as antioxidants, says the Blogger.

Mirchi Ka Salan from this Blogger who just turned a Full Length Book Writer. My congratulations to you...

Think of a recipe that Starts with "W", well Waran Bhaat for one, but I am sure you thought of the blogger who must have posted it!!!

From the land of laloo, The First ever Bihar ki Recipe on my Blog lol. Aloo Bharta in the Bihari Style... Khet mein Aloo aour Bihar mein Laloo....


Mooli(Raddish) Paratha... , well she likes to play around with parathas as she says...


Seemingly easy to cook Idli ;-) , well it indeed is not impossible. I need to get me some separators, I need to cook Momos as well. The pictures are worth a thousand words but the steps have been explained in a detailed manner.....




Potato Spinach or Aloo Palak, My favorite Combo.. I have cooked a million times..lol Lovely..

Fried Senai kilangu / Suran / Elephant Yam, and check out the surprise announcement as well. And hey! If you are here, Congrats again.....

Methi Masoor Rice, this dish has been entered in another event like some other recipes here.

Another rice dish, Vegetable Pulao, But I always say that veg pulao and fried rice are the same to me. Oh! DId I mention I had amazing Khichidi yesterday, late night. I came back home at 10 and cooked with dollops of Ghee.

Phulkas: The traditional way is for the cook to make phulkas one by one and serve each immediately after removing from the flame. says the blogger..

The sasav (or sasam) is a versatile dish and can be made with any fruit that is in season - oranges, sweet limes or even grapes. Says the Blogger.

Mouth watering even without Pictures:

Fried fish with herbs and spices.here is a lovely recipe for fish that i came up with to liven up a dish of plain fried fish., says the blogger.

Have a nice weekend..and do endorse this event on your blogs...

PS: There are a good number of visitors here on my blog and some returmn visitors but i get very few comments.. Boo Hoo.. i know I don't leave much comments but you see, I do visit all your blogs, but only via My Feed reader these days, but trying to round up posts for the mela and my posts, I get little time for blog hopping ..(Since i do also have a err... a job to keep let's say which takes up more than 10 hours a day) so even if i can't reply comments It doesn't mean I don't love comments, in fact your C0mments get me going.. so hey... do drop a comment if you can.. :-D

OH! now, Before you go, Please do read this shocking post on child abuse and see if can link it from your blog.



Technorati tag::

20 Comments:

Blogger silverine said...

Wow!!! Now let me try these. Mirchi Salan comes first.

2/25/2006 10:57:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just wanted to let you know I totally love your roundups!

2/25/2006 08:24:00 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

@ SIlverine: me too lol

@ Linda: Thanks a lot linda

2/25/2006 08:27:00 PM  
Blogger Kitchenmate said...

Tony:
I love to read your blog, so witty and funny. I am so happy that my blog was included in your curry mela VII, Thanks to you. Let your curry mela grow...like my precious curry plant:).

--Karthi

2/25/2006 11:36:00 PM  
Blogger Ashwini said...

How could I not leave a comment? You are so kind with your words, and you included my recipe :-)
Thanks Tony, you are doing a great job. Now you better leave a comment for all of us. Whats the big deal about a job anyway?!!!

2/25/2006 11:51:00 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

@ Ashwini: hahah yeah whats the big deal.. I meant i am getin g lesser blog hoppin time due to work pressure lol... but yeah its no big deal

@ karthi: But the recipe was amazing and it was my pleasure indeed.

2/26/2006 12:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was here !!

2/26/2006 08:36:00 AM  
Blogger Sury said...

Somebody voted my entry as first?!! I read that twice to make sure. lol. I feel so flattered.

Jokes apart, thanks for considering it for this virtual feast and for your kind words on the book.

With each new week, the Curry Mela only keeps getting better. I too have decided on cooking quite a few delights from this list. Great show!

2/26/2006 10:00:00 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

@ parna: It was My pleasure parna and you cook some great stuff....and the pictures.. and hey BTW we have the same camera remember..... My pics don't comeout so well and I have to take at least 5-6 pics from the same angle...Gee
And hey thanks a lot for the kinbd words

@ Sury: Oh yeah.. She is a great pal of mine... and I took loved the salan.. BTW I cooked Biryani yesterday.... at 12 midnight lol.. it was amazing

2/26/2006 11:39:00 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

and looks like my readers love fish... I got to cook more fish now lol... The fish recipe had 30 clicks as of now

2/26/2006 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger lulu said...

tony,
your curry mela roundup is my preferred way to get updated on my favourite indian food bloggers! i was going to leave a comment anyway telling you how much i appreciate this roundup - it must take you a lot of time and effort. keep em coming - we love it!!!

2/26/2006 03:48:00 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

hey Lulu, nice to see you here..
And thx for the comment.. LOL, that small comment I added was because there were so many return visitors lol..

And I also really enjoyed doing this.. HAHA, and i was even worried if i could come up with a nice list since I had a very very busy week..

2/26/2006 03:53:00 PM  
Blogger ammani said...

Great round up, as always! I've been down with a rare bout of illness and will resume posting soon.
Atchooooo!!!!!

2/26/2006 04:36:00 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

Thanks buddy!

2/26/2006 10:53:00 PM  
Blogger Aspiring Annapoorna said...

I really like your round-up anthony...and your posts on manipuri food are a great way to learn about a region I know so shamefully little about.
Honoured to be part of this weeks round-up :)

2/27/2006 03:37:00 AM  
Blogger Meenal Mehta said...

Anthony ,

admire you for all the effort you put in.lovely collection of recipes ..

2/27/2006 08:01:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anthony:

I read your blog regularly. It is wierd how I navigate through the blogs - I usually go to Indira's blog and then click on her blog roll to get to other blogs like yours. After a few clicks, I decide a particular blog deserves a bookmark by itself(i.e. deserves my own bookmar vs. accessing it from Indiras). I am glad to tell you that you make it to my bookmarks.

All your recipes are so simple and I am loving your curry mela.

I am in the process of starting my own blog but as in your case, my job and my partner demand more of my attention right now.

I wrote this comment coz you asked for it :).

Sam

2/27/2006 08:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Anthony, once again your curry Mela looks Awesome with so many wonderfully wicked dishes on the display .

2/27/2006 09:00:00 AM  
Blogger reshma said...

once again, great spread!

3/02/2006 08:08:00 PM  
Anonymous atsie said...

hey.. thanks for sharing, its very interesting :)
looks very yummy :)

5/18/2010 01:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home