Thursday, August 17, 2006

Sliced Chilli Pork - Fast Chinese Food!


Majority of the Indians don't eat Pork, or so it seems. I have nothing against those who don’t; it's their choice, after all. Many people have started eating pork though. After all, food is food, and good food is good food. But there are a lot of people, people I have come across, who says they don’t, but well, they have tried. And there are those who have the typical answer, “ Yeah! I do eat it when I eat out!”.

Most people start eating pork in Chinese Restaurants. And they start with sliced chilli pork, mostly. Or perhaps Mixed fried rice with Pork. But Sliced Chilli pork is a good way to start having this most tasty meat. Well, Slice Chilli Pork is as good a dish as any to start eating Pork, and I just remembered Momo.

Sliced Chilli Pork is the only Pork dish I usually order at Bar-B-Q, a famous Chinese restaurant in Kolkata. Like all extra-Chinatown Chinese Joints, This is also run by a Non-Chinese, but the chefs are, I believe, Chinese. Bar-B-Q serves as good Chinese dishes as those in China town or Tangra.

My Chilli Pork didn’t turn out exactly like Bar-B-Q’s, but allow me a little self praise, it seem tastier, eh! But then, I am the self proclaimed Maharajah, no? But I can always do with a little self praise, no! Nothing gives me more pleasure than guests overeating, with an occasional "it is amazing, Wow! So Nice, never had better chicken in My life" blah blah!. I hate it when people nibble on their food, especially If I am the Host.
How do One cook Chilli Chicken?
It is quite easy, if you ask me.
All Pork Dishes are easy, and yes, I have some more Pork dishes Lined up.

Sliced Chilli Pork is another Trade Mark Bachelor Cooking Recipe. Very Yummy! Very Easy!

1 Kilo Pork, sliced into about 1 inch wide and 2.5 inches long. Should be about 4 mm Thick or twice as thick as the usual Bacon Slice. Ask Butcher to slice vertically, so that there are both fat and meat in each slice.

4 capsicums, cut into slices or 2 mm thin stripes.
3 Green Chilli sliced in half.
One Onion chopped Roughly.
More than 15 Cloves of Garlic, chopped into small pieces, not crushed.
Two Tomatoes, Blanched and peeled, and Pureed .
150 Grams Spring Onions, choped into 1 inches.
Soya Sauce

Steps:
1. Wash Pork and put the wet Pork into a pressure cooker and cook till 3 whistles.
In the absense of Cooker follow step 2 directly, but cook a while longer, say 10 more minutes.
2. Pour the contents into a Wok or Pan and boil in the remaining water till water is dry.

3. Oil will start to come out now, saute the meat its own fat. The water will be dry sooner if you had not pre-cooked it in the cooker. Add the Onions, green Chilli and Chopped garlic. Saute the meat in its fat for 10 minutes, in low heat if it was pre-cooked(step 1), otherwise saute for 20 minutes.
4. Pour 5 TBS of Black Soya Sauce, and cook in it for 5 more minutes. Add the Capsicum. Add salt to taste.
5. Add the tomato Puree, and Spring Onions. Cover the pan cook for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.

Serve!!!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks and sounds delicious!! Mmmm and garlicy!! Yum. I've never seen this in a Chinese restaurant here but the variety of dishes here in Switzerland is usually quite limited (they don't seem to have a taste for spicy dishes). I'll have a look the next time I'm back in Scotland the Chinese and Indian restaraunts there are more authentic.

8/18/2006 12:49:00 AM  
Blogger Tina Jennifer D'Silva said...

Wow... that looks gorgeous...

8/18/2006 08:20:00 PM  
Blogger Sweety Maruth said...

yumm yuum !!!! nice one !!!!

8/18/2006 09:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the sound of this but the picture looks like a plate of ragworms in sand yuk!!!

11/28/2009 09:36:00 PM  
Blogger karthick said...

sounds delicious gonna try now........

2/15/2012 04:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home