Monday, January 02, 2006

Fish Head and Potato Fries..



This is another very tasty treat. So tasty, Yet so simple.
It is like aloo bhaja or those dry began bhaja but with fish head.
I added the fish pieces because i like to eat the piece as well.
BTW we consider this as a vegeterian meal.
We consider fish to be vegetarian lol.
If you don't have the fish Head, use any fish cut.
Its always nice and yummy.

PS: For the Vegetarians- This dish taste just as tasty without the fish.

Ingredients:
A piece or two of fish (steak or round slice whatever)Fish Head, deep fried.
Half a Cup Green peas.
Two Onions chopped roughly.
7-8 cloves of garlic chopped ot crushed.
Jeera and Dhania Powder.
2-3 Green Chilli.
Two medium Potatoes cut as you see in the pictures.

Steps:

Fry the onions in 2 TBS veg oil till translucent.
Add the garlic and Green Chillies slices into halves.
Fry for a few minutes and add the fish head and also the fish slice by breaking them into rough pieces.
Add also the Potatoes and Peas.
Add 1 tsp each of dhania( coriander) powder and Jeera (cumin) powder.
Also add half a tsp of red chilli.
Cover and cook in low heat for 10 minutes.
Open the lid and toss.
Mix well using a spatula.
Add Salt to taste.
Cook till potatoes are cooked.
Garnish with Coriander.

Eat as a side dish with Fish curry or Daal. This is an absolute stunner.
Another Bachelor Recipe made with potatoes, onions, garlic and jeera-dhania.
Do try out, and try out the last one as well.

Have you been to my regular Blog, of late.
Or the Other Blog.

4 Comments:

Blogger Tina Jennifer D'Silva said...

Hi Anthony.... I too love potatoes as a combination with my food... I am surely gonna try this out. I have some tilapia, which I'll be cooking tonight... Looks very yummy...
BTW... r u mangalorean or a goan??

1/03/2006 02:22:00 AM  
Blogger Admin said...

LOL, I am neither.
Thx for liking my dishes, as for me, check out the side bar...lol

1/03/2006 10:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

@ The ladies of naughtycurry: Please do.. and thx for linking those wise words.
And I am glad you find the new looks hot.

1/04/2006 11:47:00 AM  
Blogger treebeard31 said...

Hey Tony...Tx for your invite to check out your link...you are already popular...interested in a role as a menu designer in my soon to be opened Indian restaurant??? I am Crius...:)
Good luck and have a great year...
Pp

1/04/2006 06:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home